Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2012, 04:42 AM

Default M-Audio Fasttrack Tracks 1+2 noise

Hello all! Thanks to anyone reading this, for a start!

http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread...-noise-problem

This closed thread correctly describes my problem.

I opened the m-audio fast track ultra and sprayed some contact cleaner around inside. I'm guessing the front panel pre-amps are goners (will never work properly again). If there's a way to fix it, I would.

All the inputs on the back panel work fine as well as inputs 3+4 on the front panel. The front panel inputs 3+4 are slightly differently engineered from 1+2 as they do not accept a 1/4 inch (guitar cable) input. All rear panel inputs are 1/4 inch jacks.

Any thoughts? Is this the right place to be posting my question?
Old 12-14-2012, 09:45 AM

Default Re: M-Audio Fasttrack Tracks 1+2 noise

I have a problem with noise myself and am using an M-Audio Fast Track Pro. However, my noise is white noise when I activate a new audio track to record with, and it only happens sporadically. Yours sounds like it's actual mechanical noise that is happening in the pots and connectors of the audio interface. Is that correct?