Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2011, 01:19 PM

Default Shuffle Edit & Markers

I was remixing a song today and wanted to shorten the intro by 1/2. No problem... Click on shuffle edit mode, highlight the part to be cut on all tracks, hit delete. Instant karma...

Problem - The timeline markers did not shuffle. No real big deal, except for the hassle of finding all the mark points again. I.e Verse1, Pre-chorus1, Chorus, Bridge, etc.

I know that there are times when you might want to shuffle only edits in 1 or 2 tracks. So there should be a way to shuffle or not shuffle timeline data, right?

Is there a setting whereby shuffle edits will affect items up in the timeline? I would think it would be especially important for time sig changes, tempo maps, etc. So I think this has to be possible. Right?

Is there a tick box someplace to enable this feature?

Creativity comes from MOTION
So don’t sit Still!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Shuffle Edit & Markers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Vipond View Post
I was remixing a song today and wanted to shorten the intro by 1/2. No problem... Click on shuffle edit mode, highlight the part to be cut on all tracks, hit delete. Instant karma...

Problem - The timeline markers did not shuffle. No real big deal, except for the hassle of finding all the mark points again. I.e Verse1, Pre-chorus1, Chorus, Bridge, etc.

I know that there are times when you might want to shuffle only edits in 1 or 2 tracks. So there should be a way to shuffle or not shuffle timeline data, right?

Is there a setting whereby shuffle edits will affect items up in the timeline? I would think it would be especially important for time sig changes, tempo maps, etc. So I think this has to be possible. Right?

Is there a tick box someplace to enable this feature?

Click in the session where you want to begin your edit then on the menu bar select EVENT-TIME OPERATION-CUT TIME

I will usually try to have my session set to BARS/BEATS and in the cut time menu select the amount of bars I wish to remove. MAKE SURE that you have ticked the METER, TEMPO, KEY and CHORD box and that the drop down window is set to all.

Hit return and that's it!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:34 PM

you can also shift-clic
in the ruler containing the markers
and they fill follow the edit

e
Old 01-08-2011, 10:10 AM

Hey Thanks!

I've just never noticed that tool before. Works great!

mjv

Creativity comes from MOTION
So don’t sit Still!