Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2020, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Reamping with Kemper Profiler

I am going NUTZ! I recorded my dry signal [D.I OUT to Line 2 (interface)] fine; I created another Audio track to reamp [Main OUT to Line 1(interface)] and when I arm it to record, it's reamps fine BUT, I can only hear the dry signal WHILE it's reamping/recording.

I am plugged straight into the KPA but I cannot hear the Dirty signal; I only hear the dry signal.

I am using Pro Tools 10; Apollo Twin Duo.

Settings:
Maint Out to Input 1 (interface)
D.I Out to Input 2 (interface)
Return Input to Line Out 3 (interface)

What's very peculiar is that on the Apollo's Console, both Input 1 and 2 need to be in "LINE" mode but if I raise the gain or fader on Input 1, I hear a very LOUD ear piercing sound. My Input settings for KPA is Input Source to "Return Input Reamp" and on my Output I have selected "Git Studio" for my Direct Output.

PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 05-11-2020, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Reamping with Kemper Profiler

Hi welcome to DUC.

Just for next time, it would be better if you had started a new thread for your problem.. it won't be the same as here.

It's great you have given detail likes you have but unfortunately they won't really help folks here help you, the issue will be all the other stuff you are doing. And you've not included enough info about your console setup or Pro Tools setup/goals to help us there.

Are you trying to monitor this wet signal from the UAD console or from Pro Tools?

Since you are getting the wet track recorded OK, this us the mostly likely cause *if* you are trying to monitor through Pro Tools ... do you have the wet track in input monitoring mode? i.e. the green "input" button shows on the fader strip for that track. I have no idea of you Pro Tools setup or experience... if that does not make sense to you search for track input monitoring it the Pro Tools Reference Guide, the PDF is installed on your system and that stuff there is really important to understand.

Is the IO output of the wet track in Pro Tools the same as the dry Track?

Break your problem down to the simplest level. Nothing in your setup knows or cares that input 2 is a reamped signal. It's just an audio signal. Forget everything else, doing reamping etc. and get a single audio track recording what is going into input 2. Use a test microphone (with input going into the XLR input switched to Mic on your UAD interface). Use a new single track test session, the simplest possible thing, to get monitoring working on an audio track for input 2.

Loud ear piercing sound.. as in feedback. You will most likely have feedback from a live guitar or mic in the room, or a signal parth in the console or Pro Tools you gave created. You need to troubleshoot this yourself: Unplug any
mics and guitars, and if that does not fix it, set up the most simple possible routing in a Pro Tools test session to start with.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-11-2020 at 12:45 PM.