Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-18-2010, 07:45 PM

Default Re: ProTools 8.0.3 Big Bug...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arno Peeters View Post
Switching video to internal (save & reopen, switch back to FW out) works for me.

Yes it does! and FWIW, you can write a Quickey that will switch the video to internal whenever you close a session. I find it more efficient than renaming folders.

It's still a travesty that this is not fixed yet. Or the fix hasn't been released yet.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:30 PM

no 8.1 soon????

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 1,1 16GB RAM and Mac Pro 2,1 GB
Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:06 AM

What the HELL is going on with this...????!!!! It's just been too long now. We have been pretty patient over this, but enough is ENOUGH.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:14 PM

While obviously it's annoying we have to go through this procedure, I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am that there is at least a way around this now.

For 3 weeks I've been pulling my hair out, unable to open important sessions for producers.

Thanks to those who worked this out, and hopefully we'll have a fix soon!
Old 05-25-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrews View Post
While obviously it's annoying we have to go through this procedure, I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am that there is at least a way around this now.

For 3 weeks I've been pulling my hair out, unable to open important sessions for producers.

Thanks to those who worked this out, and hopefully we'll have a fix soon!

Really? Do you work for avid?

This bug sucks. Every day it isn't fixed I hate avid a little more.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by uno1234 View Post

I really want to be able to lay out the reason this fix isn't available yet, but the details are not something I can discuss without jeopardizing my job.

Would you take my word for it that there actually *is* a good reason? Believe me - there is not a single person here at Avid that doesn't want this out there as much as you do...there just have been events beyond our control that have prevented it from being so.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
there is not a single person here at Avid that doesn't want this out there as much as you do...there just have been events beyond our control that have prevented it from being so.
That made me laugh.

These "events," these bigger issues which Avid execs are much more concerned with, are company acquisitions and mergers and other money making endeavors. I'm quite sure that any bugs in the contract written between Avid and Euphonix were worked out in a matter of hours or days with the full force of the big cogs in the Avid machine.

When your eyes are only looking forward it's tough to see the crap you're standing in. Don't insult the customers who've made these acquisitions possible - not "everyone" at Avid wants this out there as much as we do, and I'd wager that it's actually pretty low priority in the big picture. I imagine some are concerned, and I'm sure you would be in that group, but let's be real.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
That made me laugh.

These "events," these bigger issues which Avid execs are much more concerned with, are company acquisitions and mergers and other money making endeavors. I'm quite sure that any bugs in the contract written between Avid and Euphonix were worked out in a matter of hours or days with the full force of the big cogs in the Avid machine.

When your eyes are only looking forward it's tough to see the crap you're standing in. Don't insult the customers who've made these acquisitions possible - not "everyone" at Avid wants this out there as much as we do, and I'd wager that it's actually pretty low priority in the big picture. I imagine some are concerned, and I'm sure you would be in that group, but let's be real.
Hey Eric - thanks for your thoughts on this. I'll make sure they are passed on to those that make these kinds of decisions, so they understand what customers are saying.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uno1234 View Post

that's a mighty strong word.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:54 PM

Im pretty confident that this problem will be fixed in the next CS version..... for obvious reasons.

Using words like "hate" is pretty juvenile, in my opinion.

No tool is ever perfect.