Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-25-2010, 10:37 AM

Default Re: ProTools 8.0.3 Big Bug...

We are reverting all our 4 systems back to 8.01. As nasty as that 8.01 bug list is, we just can't deal with firewire out crashing anymore.

How exactly does an official software release get so bungled up like this? Was there no beta testing in a simple post production workflow? Is there ANY accountability at Digidesign anymore?
Old 01-25-2010, 01:39 PM

Glad to hear it's been narrowed down.

Hope a fix arrives soon!

-
Old 01-25-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laki View Post
I still need to test whether turning off 'video out firewire' prior to closing a session will prevent future crashes when opening the session back up.
We think alike, already tried it. Doesn't help. Keep on renaming that Pix folder, oops I mean XPix Folder, I mean Pix Folder, I mean XPix folder.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:22 AM

Thanks for checking that out.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Avid

I just wanted to let everyone know this is a very high priority fix for us. There seems to be a few factors involved, though, and we're working with Apple to determine the best fix.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:16 AM

Looking forward to a fix
Old 01-27-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I just wanted to let everyone know this is a very high priority fix for us. There seems to be a few factors involved, though, and we're working with Apple to determine the best fix.
What's troubling me the most is the fact that this issue didn't show up in beta release, does that mean you don't test a setup with a canopus before releasing ?

It's a pretty common setup in little post facilities around here and I think we dropped already enough money into avid pocket, I really don't feel to go buy some new fancy and costy peripheral to just send a video signal into a television.

Hope you will release a fix soon since this issue is a total pita.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank View Post
What's troubling me the most is the fact that this issue didn't show up in beta release, does that mean you don't test a setup with a canopus before releasing ?

It's a pretty common setup in little post facilities around here and I think we dropped already enough money into avid pocket, I really don't feel to go buy some new fancy and costy peripheral to just send a video signal into a television.

trouble is a new video peripheral makes no difference, in the post forum, both the Avid Mojo and the blackmagic puts out jerky picture that drops frames, it doesnt crash but it looks terrible and messes with sync..

MKD Creative

HOBO Audio
Old 01-27-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank View Post

Big post facilities use canopus too.

It seems that a very basic beta setup should catch this.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Big post facilities use canopus too.

It seems that a very basic beta setup should catch this.
Yeah we just upgraded 13 rooms from Mojo to canopus (because the mojo sucks a big one and still doens't work correctly with 8) and now we're stuck on 8.0.1cs1 which (as digi clearly states here) has "over 100 bugs..." that have been fixed in 8.0.3

I'm starting to understand the rage of the PPC users on the whole 8.0.1-8.0.3 issue