Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2006, 06:25 PM

Default Multiple Outputs?

Does Xpand support or will it support multiple outputs and if so, how many?

Thanks,

DK
Old 02-18-2006, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Multiple Outputs?

No.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 02-18-2006, 02:31 AM

Digitalkidd

It looks like this is the only way ...I mean you may have seen this, you may not of;

Creating a Layered Instrument...Using Xpand!

This sort of raises an interesting point thou ...why isn't Xpand! supporting multiple Outputs?

filosofem

Old 02-18-2006, 09:16 PM

Hey thanks for chiming in.

Not that it would make me cancel my order, but I was sort of hoping they could show other software developers (NI) how RTAS is supposed to work with multiple outputs.

I guess I should give Sampletank 2 XL credit, but Kontakt 2 and Battery 2 have yet to deliver solid results... Kontakt 2 I can get 6 outputs running, but the routing naming conventions don't match.

I'm anxious to see what NI's "KORE" is all about and to see if it would be supported by RTAS.

DK
Old 02-18-2006, 10:37 PM

Well, if Native Instruments wants/needs lessons, they should get together with the guys at FXPansion. Not only does BFD function great with multiple outputs, their 2.0 wrapper does it right, even with NI VST versions of the same instruments!

So much for NI's claim that it is a Pro Tools for windows problem, huh?

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 02-19-2006, 12:00 AM

Me too, runs K2 as a VST with the wrapper.
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 02-19-2006, 12:28 AM

Digitalkidd

You'll have to excuse my candour and naivety here, but for orchestration purposes, on the fly, whether contemporary or classical, in my eyes, embracing multiple outputs is a must and as a consumer, I will make my choices accordingly. Let's take Propellerhead's Reason as a classic example of embracing multiple outputs. I mean, I can only work with what I've got and what I've got ain't much and for good reason too. Beginner level DAW's are just not capable of supporting such vast amounts of instances for multiple outputs. I max my system out with only ten instances of Reason routing ReDrum with a couple of audio tracks. Maybe this is what the manufactures have in mind, maybe this is what they are trying to combat, I don't know, I can't speak for them, nevertheless the point still stands, but I've seen posts on the DUC, where having fifty four routed ReWire channels is nothing and given the correct DAW, it's this sort of on the fly, simultaneous transcribing (orchestration) that I'm talking about. It's about having total control over our ability to create.

filosofem

Old 02-19-2006, 07:07 AM

Sweet. I'll have to give it a run through. After running K2 through the wrapper, when you create new outputs and setup the routing in K2, does it reflect correctly in the input "plug-in" on the instrument track? (more or less work like it's supposed to?)

I just filled out the update form and now checking out the manual.

Thanks -

SPKGUITAR - You're pretty much the #2 guy behind Rail in my book, maybe even #1, but Rail seems to have an insiders edge.

I've received more help from you than anyobdy, and some of my calls for help have been pretty novice, you still took the time to fully repond and even send me links where I can get a visual.

You're greatly appreciated in my book.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:23 PM

Quote:
...I max my system out with only ten instances of Reason routing ReDrum with a couple of audio tracks.
I'm confused. If you are on Reason 2.5 or 3.0 (fullversions), you should only have one instance of Reason running at the time? Then you cable it up on different rewire-tracks. Did I misunderstand you?
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 02-19-2006, 05:36 PM

GW
Quote:
you should only have one instance of Reason running at the time? Then you cable it up on different rewire-tracks.
No no ...the mistake would be all mine. I'm under the impression that every Reason insert would be counted as a instance, this is obviously not the case.

Sorry for that bit of confusion.

filosofem