Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2009, 03:15 AM

Default Carbon Copy Cloner (or sim) copy Disk Authorisations?

Just about to put Leopard on my PPC G5 (yeah I know I'm a bit behind.... Been working on a long-term project and didn't want to upgrade in the middle.... And I can't go to Snow Leopard obviously....!)
I was intending to use CCC to copy my current drive to an external drive, then partition the internal drive and re-copy my Tiger-based system back to one partition, and stick Leopard and PT8.01 on the other partition...
That way I can quickly switch back to Tiger and 7.4 if there are any incompatibilities with opening old sessions in the future...

My question is this... If I copy my current system drive, then copy back to that same drive (albeit partitioned) will I have to re-authorise my plugins which have a disk based authorisation...?

Thanks

Jon