Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2002, 01:09 PM

Default Training class?

Does anyone know of, like, a 1-week hands on training class? It would be nice to get more into Pro Tools this way.

Thanks,
Ron
Old 01-02-2002, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Training class?

I got certified on Pro Tools from digidesign by taking their class. It is really the way to go. Before I took this class I was already into logic, soundforge, cubase, blah blah all of the music stuff. I actually didn't even care about PT at all but after the class I was really sold on it. It was neat to learn a program from the company that designed it. You learn why certain tools and functions are available and basically the thinking behind it all. You learn what the program was made for instead of choosing a program to do what you want. That allowed me to use it much better right away, cause I knew and understood what it was for and what it was capable of. The class is really well layed out. I actually took it in a school over 6 weeks but i think the specific class by itself is ony a few 8 hour days. It is expensive I think, like a few hundred but worth it. You also get the real manuals from digidesign. There is a 135 and 235 class. The 135 is basic recording and editing. The 235 is all automation and mixing (plugins, fx sends, etc.)
Old 01-02-2002, 04:21 PM

FYI: Here's a link to the company that provides the above mentioned training.

Avid Education
Old 01-02-2002, 09:08 PM

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2002, 11:02 PM

Prerequisites: This course is for editors, audio/video engineers broadcast professionals and musicians. It requires basic Macintosh skills and a general understanding of audio and/or acoustics. Note: Mixing and the use of plug-ins are not covered in this course

I'm skilled at the lack of power the Mac has in comparison to the Athlon. Does that count?
Allen [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2002, 05:37 AM

Buy the program and start playing with it or if you can't do that get teh free version and the soundcheck demo and have at it.

Time flies like the wind;
Fruit flies like bananas.
~ Groucho Marx
Old 01-03-2002, 08:15 AM

I recently took two classes at Video Symphony in LA. One is a 3 day Edit class, the other is a 2 day Mix class, covering plug ins etc..
The class leader was a real pro, ex Avid, with years of great experience for the novice or ace user.
As someone new to Pro Tools, I just used up some airmiles ( I live in Dallas) and decided it was worth the investment to ramp up quicker... All the exercises are hands on, working 2 to a workstation... the documentation is really top class and I often use this in place of the Pro Tools manual or the new Berklee book..

The link to Video Symphony is in the education section of this web site...

Cheers. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2002, 01:58 AM

The onsite model is attractive.

If you cant afford it, we offer a 9.5 hour dual CD ROM set of QuickTime movies for 1 bill.