Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2002, 07:28 AM

Default Digi User Conference Admin ALERT!!!

Hi, im wondering if you guys would consider changing the version of this InfoPop Bulletin Board?

I seem to have alot of trouble where my browser refuses to copy the text when replying to a topic. There seems to be some issues between different (Mac)browsers in the way in which they render the DUC. Eg iCab, Omniweb and Opera have an embeded scrollable window (the entire thread) inside the main reply window. Now in this scrollable embeded window iCab can't copy the text, there are other serious display issues concerning scrolling and the reply text entry field. Internet Explorer renders the reply page with a reply text entry field but does not create an embeded scrollable window inside this main window. I think i prefer this way as all the other Bulletin boards of the web work the same way.

The other issue with this version of the InfoPop board is the search mechanism. This version offers a method for searching posts by member registration number. Since i dont even remeber my registration number its nearly useless in practice when i don't even know another members number that im trying to search for. In the previous InfoPop version (and other boards on the web) it was possible and is more practical to search for a members post by name.

Finally, to provide an example, i request you check out MacNN's board and perhaps you guys here at Digi could install an use the same version of the InfoPop board they use.

http://forums.macnn.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Regards
Targon
Old 04-17-2002, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Digi User Conference Admin ALERT!!!

Your member number is in your profile - or on the left under your user name where the avatar would be.

I seem to have no problems with IE 5.1.3 and OS 9.2.2

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 04-17-2002, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Digi User Conference Admin ALERT!!!

I use IE 5.x Works fine. I copy my text out of the duc window ( for submission and edits) to appleworks for spellchecking, then just paste it back in. Those other browsers are junk, sorry.