Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-08-2001, 03:45 AM

Default Cinema Display + TV ?!?!

Sorry to post this again... So, I´m doing ADR for film. Bought a G4/533 running PT24 Mix+. Also bought the 22" Apple Cinema Display. I need to output QuickTime to a TV monitor so that the actors can dub!!! So far I have tried with the new Formac Studio and the new Matrox RT, to no avail. In the end I had to return to my silly 17" and the Promax Dual Head card... There MUST be people out there doing ADR with a Cinema Display... What´s the trick. I hear from good sources that one should not use a second PCI video card as it slows the bus, etc. Any suggestions?

thanks...
Old 05-08-2001, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Cinema Display + TV ?!?!

How about trying the Aurora Fuse care. Then you can output a composite video or S-Video signal to any television that will accept that type of input. Set that TV up in your booth and you're rolling. The Fuse card takes the load off you system as long as you don't have the video playing back in your computer screen at the same time. Hope that helps.

www.stephenshirk.com
www.pinknoise.com
Old 05-09-2001, 02:36 PM

thanks pnoise... I reckon the aurora fuse is a PCI card and thus it slows the bus... also it is not approved by digi for my G4/533... any other options? thanks again
Old 05-14-2001, 01:39 AM

donpietra
The PT with the AV option is perfect for ADR. I use it whenever I digitize or when a project comes to me from an Avid. Lot of bucks though. $$$$

For Quicktime I use the Miro DC30+. I have both cards in my system. The Miro in my G4/533 and the other in my Magma expansion chassis. I also run PT 5.1 with a Core and 5 Mix farms. I use Digi's Mechine Control to run my decks from the PT transport.

The Miro is the best choice for you. Totaly approved by Digidesign. It also works with Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere.

About $450.00. Hope this helps
Old 05-15-2001, 04:42 AM

thanks! but it appears the DC30+ is no longer available! I think I'll go the virtual VTR route on a second machine...
Old 05-15-2001, 06:12 AM

Great choice (Virtual VTR), You'll also get the benefit of FULL-FRAME video !!! which I believe is NOT possible while running a video card thru Pro Tools in the same computer (unless using AV option of course). We use it, and it works great.

------------------
Ray Fabi
Ton of Bricks Studios Montreal
514-990-2713
www.fabi.com