Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2017, 04:05 AM

Default Re: No Pro Tools 13 for me unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
I have had the opposite experience. I dropped PT for Reaper a few months ago and have never looked back. There is no way I would come back to PT. I can't think of anything that I miss about PT, but there are lots of things I'm happy I don't have to suffer through any more.
Then why are you wasting your time here?
Old 08-29-2017, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post
He's a bit masochistic maybe?

QAPLA!
Old 08-29-2017, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
What is this thread about exactly?
The duc wouldn't be the duc without our daily dose of "Avid is the worst I can't stand it anymore so long Pro Tools see y'all later tx bye"

My only complaint about Pro Tools is that there should be only one version, the hardware being the sole difference between an "HD rig" and a "Vanilla rig". The software should be the same for both - other companies give you surround and trim automation for a fraction of PTHD's price, which is unfairly high *imo*.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
I have had the opposite experience. I dropped PT for Reaper a few months ago and have never looked back. There is no way I would come back to PT. I can't think of anything that I miss about PT, but there are lots of things I'm happy I don't have to suffer through any more.
Quote:
Does seem like an awful lot of continually coming back, for someone who "never looked back"
Personally I had the opposite of the opposite experience. After desperately trying to like Reaper for the 60 days trial... I finally realized for me it so convoluted and counterintuitive it was not worth the trouble and dropped it. But I see no reason to continually go back to the Cockos Reaper forum and keep telling them how awful it was.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 08-29-2017, 11:32 AM

My subscription only ran out a couple of weeks ago, and I still use PT for previously existing projects. I don't post much or spend much time here, but when people talk about horror stories using a different product, I think it's fair to offer a balanced viewpoint.

Quote:
Old 09-01-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Does seem like an awful lot of continually coming back, for someone who "never looked back"
Personally I had the opposite of the opposite experience. After desperately trying to like Reaper for the 60 days trial... I finally realized for me it so convoluted and counterintuitive it was not worth the trouble and dropped it. But I see no reason to continually go back to the Cockos Reaper forum and keep telling them how awful it was.
this.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
DP looks like what back in the day was called 'spaghetti code' - 'feature' piled upon 'feature' and way more complicated than needs be. I mean come on- their instrument track is nothing more than an aux track holding a vi. And the community over at Motunation is the nothing like what we have here. Heaven forbid you say anything bad about DP - you get torn to shreds. I'm no slouch when it comes to working with computers and software but akin to what you said - DP is like listening to Justin Bieber all day.
lol i got banned from there within a couple days.

This was when it was unicorn nation i think? and i was wanting some info about a motu interface. I got no replies and all i said was, in exact words, "disappointing first experience from this helpful "community"

That was it. Instaban.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
lol i got banned from there within a couple days.

This was when it was unicorn nation i think? and i was wanting some info about a motu interface. I got no replies and all i said was, in exact words, "disappointing first experience from this helpful "community"

That was it. Instaban.
That's a LONG time ago as it hasn't gone by that name for a while. But it's still the same old curmudgeons as there ever was over there. I mean where else do you have a bunch that never tires of telling you how great they are along with the work they do. Was there twice and each time got into it with the board owner (a certain Jimmy Steele) and dared to call him on his shtick.

QAPLA!
Old 09-01-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
That's a LONG time ago as it hasn't gone by that name for a while. But it's still the same old curmudgeons as there ever was over there. I mean where else do you have a bunch that never tires of telling you how great they are along with the work they do. Was there twice and each time got into it with the board owner (a certain Jimmy Steele) and dared to call him on his shtick.
and the Logic Forum !! i had a rough spell there for a bit too !! Unicorn Nation is giving me Flashbacks !!!

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 09-01-2017, 09:21 PM

I always had good luck on motunation.

However, the question we need to ask is what's worse - Avid or Gibson or Bomb Factory Erik?

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/