Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-23-2009, 10:56 AM

Default -9093 error with Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 Public Beta & Windows 7

I have a Mid 2009 unibody macbook pro with Boot Camp running Windows 7. I use Windows for a large amount of programs I can't run on OSX. So, it would make sense that Pro Tools for Windows should work SOMEWHAT ok on this machine. After all, it has 4 GB of RAM and a 7200 RPM drive.

Unfortunately, all it takes is one track of audio and hitting play to cause DAE error -9093 (operating system held off... yada yada... H/W Buffer Size.. yadda yadda) a second or two into playback.

I've read the Digidesign 'do all the things in red' instructions. Those didn't solve it. But seriously, I should at LEAST be able to play back audio. Why would ANY software company release software that doesnt work under the operating system still used the most.

Anyway... has anyone else had this experience? Any fixes?
Old 12-23-2009, 11:34 AM

Default Re: -9093 error with Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 Public Beta & Windows 7

If it has A 7200-rpm drive, there's your problem. All audio MUST be recorded to a separate, dedicated audio hard drive. Recording to the system drive doesn't work.
Trurst us, it works, but you gotta follow the recommendations to the letter!
And I quote:

IMPORTANT! You MUST use a secondary hard drive (not your main OS drive) for recording and playback of audio in Pro Tools. Recording or playback from the OS drive is known to be problematic and the cause of many different error types. If you are using your system drive and encountering errors, the first thing you should do is get a compatible drive. USB drives are not supported and are known to be problematic, so please do not use them with Pro Tools. If you're recording or playing back from a USB drive and are getting errors in Pro Tools, please switch to using a compatible external firewire drive or internal SATA/ATA/IDE drive and disconnect the USB drive.

Pro Tools supports recording and playback to a secondary drive that meets the following requirements:

7200 rpm or faster
9ms seek time or faster