Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2013, 12:27 AM

Default Eucon 3 - have to reinstall each time to make it work.

Every day, I have to re install Eucon 3 to make it work. This happens whether I open PT 10.3.6 or 11. Both Artist and Mix units show in "My Surfaces" but no connection. Also I have to add "My Workstation" again and "Attach" in the Eucon settings but nothing works after that either until I re install the main program. Then it will works until I reboot.

There is a sort of half connection where I see some stuff on the Artist LCD but no controls work at all, until as I say, re install then suddenly it springs into life. I am on a Mac Pro with OX 10.8.4. I have deleted Eucon preferences several times.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Eucon 3 - have to reinstall each time to make it work.

You mean after each Mac bootup, or while PT is running?

My Artist Control is recogniced by Eucon but doesn't speak with PT at all. OSX 10.7.5
Old 07-05-2013, 01:09 AM

Well, if I boot up (and Eucon loads automatically) then open PT (10 or 11) the Artist Control and Mix only half connect. I see some buttons on the screen but no response with the faders, nor play/stop etc. So then still while PT is open, I re install Eucon 3 and when it is done everything bursts into life.

It all stays good until I have to boot up again ie the next day. Then I go through the process as above all over again.

I do this every time, I've even looked in preferences to see if anything there changes but nothing does.

At least it works but it's a pain to have to keep installing the program. crazy!
Old 07-06-2013, 02:59 PM

I've been seeing a lot of posts about EUCON 3 not working with PT 11 and 10.3.6. And the lack of response from Avid has me a little concnered, especially since I'm in the market for a controller.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:23 PM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by morristyson View Post
I've been seeing a lot of posts about EUCON 3 not working with PT 11 and 10.3.6. And the lack of response from Avid has me a little concnered, especially since I'm in the market for a controller.
The Eucon potential is pretty much wasted due to a definitive lack of vision (or lack of investment) and the fragility of the Ethernet connection protocol.

I've had my consoles (2 mix, control and transport - so much money) for almost 2 years now and I am NOT satisfied. I thought the relatively cheap casing (cracking aluminum and plastic sides/faders) would be compensated by the programming features of Eucon (and the potential for frequent updates). Not a single features we asked for was added besides the fader noise reduction (which didn't work on one of my units), there has been very few updates, bugs are months if not years to get fixed and they are always late on compatibility patches.

If I were you I would try to find something robust that has made it's proof from a company that has better customer support.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhammernz View Post
Every day, I have to re install Eucon 3 to make it work. This happens whether I open PT 10.3.6 or 11. Both Artist and Mix units show in "My Surfaces" but no connection. Also I have to add "My Workstation" again and "Attach" in the Eucon settings but nothing works after that either until I re install the main program. Then it will works until I reboot.

There is a sort of half connection where I see some stuff on the Artist LCD but no controls work at all, until as I say, re install then suddenly it springs into life. I am on a Mac Pro with OX 10.8.4.
Yep - exact same thing - OSX10.8.4 - PT11.0.1 HD OMNI + TB box.
FWIW: My controllers are plugged into a netgear switch and then to an Apple Thunderbolt Display Ethernet port. Worked fine on EUCON 2.7.x
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html
Old 07-08-2013, 02:27 PM

Well inexplicably after 2 weeks of always having to reinstall Eucon 3 it's come right. I don't know why.Something somewhere finally got the message. Edit: 2 days later...no it's not..still random. Works then doesn't. Aaargh.

Last edited by silverhammernz; 07-09-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Avid

Hey everyone - we are investigating this issue and have a few leads but as this is a very intermittent issue and hard to reproduce consistently we could use your help with some details:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=341931
Old 07-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Avid

Here is another item to quickly try and let us know if it works:

If you get into a bad connectivity state, please try the following:
-Go to System Preferences > EUCON and press Stop (make sure Pro Tools or other EUCON DAWs are not running)
- wait 30seconds and press Start.
- Once the Surfaces are attached in EuControl, check that the local Workstation is available in the Workstations tab, and it is Attached.
- Launch Pro Tools (or other EUCON DAW).

Does the system connect and work with Pro Tools after these steps?
Old 09-15-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielEUCON View Post
Here is another item to quickly try and let us know if it works:

If you get into a bad connectivity state, please try the following:
-Go to System Preferences > EUCON and press Stop (make sure Pro Tools or other EUCON DAWs are not running)
- wait 30seconds and press Start.
- Once the Surfaces are attached in EuControl, check that the local Workstation is available in the Workstations tab, and it is Attached.
- Launch Pro Tools (or other EUCON DAW).

Does the system connect and work with Pro Tools after these steps?
This is what I have had to do several times. This is not a good work solution. You shouldn't have to keep doing this to make this thing work. This unit is very disappointing.