Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2000, 07:46 PM

Default dealing with phase

at this point, i'd say the only real difficulty i'm having with producing a great mix is dealing with all the different off-phase scenarios related especially with ProTools, or any other DAW i suppose. i'm very well familiar with what it sounds like and different ways of fixing it. now i'm trying to find more efficient ways, since ProTools won't. spectrafoo has a couple cool meters for quickly spotting phase problems and adjusting them in real time. however, overall it wrecks havoc on the system. it has tons of features that i'd rather turn off. any suggestions on a simple phase checking plug that i don't have to worry about using? i think there's something called Phase Meter...
imagine if ProTools software had a simple gage for the master fader that would indicate the phase relation between the left and right. its not a question of knowing how to fix phase problems, its all about making this tedious process more efficient.
Old 12-12-2000, 11:59 PM

Default Re: dealing with phase

There's one on the Apogee plug.
They didn't spend too much time making it look pretty, just a simple bar near the bottom of the window. But maybe it would work for you.

Then there's PAZ, which can look choppy when you have a lot of stuff going on, but if you're just checking a few channels at a time it should be fine.

Cheers,
Angelo Quaglia
Old 12-17-2000, 10:55 PM

Try this www.Mytekdigital.com
I have used this meter the DDD-603 for 6 months now. Just plug it into the AES 1&2 output of a 888 I/O Phase and excellent level metering, I love this box.

Rob
Old 12-20-2000, 10:02 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Stompinmsc:
Try this www.Mytekdigital.com
I have used this meter the DDD-603 for 6 months now. Just plug it into the AES 1&2 output of a 888 I/O Phase and excellent level metering, I love this box.

Rob
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds great, but its price is out of my league (perhaps most peoples' leagues) if i was Bob Ludwig, it wouldn't matter i suppose.

Old 12-21-2000, 07:11 AM

Felix ,check out "Sonicworx Studio" software ,they have a demo @ http://www.prosoniq.com/

RayS