Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2009, 04:44 AM

Thumbs up Download Manager is "stopping" *FIXED*

I bought the PTLE 8 upgrade today, and got it authorized/activated.

The real problem started when I opened the DLManager and got it started. It got to 1% when I decided to use Firefox instead, because the DL-speed were so incredibly low (<150kb/s), so I pressed "cancel" and "quit" when it told me to.
Instead of being a hero, Firefox dropped the speed to 60-70kb/s

Again, I started up the DLM, only to realize the status of the package was "stopping", and it still is! The "resume", "cancel" and "quit"-buttons are all grey and non-clickable.

For about an hour I have tried deleting cookies, moving the downloading file (.dlm) to another folder, starting the DLM, move the .dlm back. All with no luck.

I am therefore turning to you guys, hopefully someone else has had the same problems and knows the secret solution to end this living h**l.

Last edited by Fimbulvinter; 03-10-2009 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Problem solved
Old 03-10-2009, 05:16 AM

Default Re: Download Manager is "stopping"

Hello,

When the popup window appears, instead of clicking the big download link at the bottom use the click here link above it to select an ordinary download that doesn't use the download manager.

evs
Old 03-10-2009, 06:18 AM

Default Re: Download Manager is "stopping"

That's what I meant with using FF:) And even though it first said it would take 14 hours, I had to get what I had paid for. And finally, after 30-40 mins, the speed increased to 1.3MB/s, so it has finished!

Thanks for the reply, btw!