Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 01-21-2020, 04:47 AM

Default Re: Download of HD Ultimate Drivers prevents Mac Pro from rebooting

Hi Darryl: I installed the Syba Crest I/O with the M.2s per your suggestion but the Mac Pro fails to see it - any suggestions ?
Old 01-21-2020, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1 View Post
Hi Darryl: I installed the Syba Crest I/O with the M.2s per your suggestion but the Mac Pro fails to see it - any suggestions ?
I can't remember for sure but I think the first time I booted my Mac with the Crest adaptor and dual SSD's the icons did not show on my desk top. So I think I had to do something like open disk utility and find and click on them and make sure each one was formatted correctly ???

Your posts are still a bit vague. If you look at my sig line system list you will see that I am running a very similar system (albeit) a Mid 2010 Westmere 6 Core.

I don't know what Graphics Card came with your machine but to run Mojave it has to be "Metal" capable
So quickly
You have a Metal capable Graphics Yes ?
And you are booting with Mojave Yes ?
You installed the HD drivers before installing PTHDN 2019.12 Yes ?

Also
Mojave introduced a new protocol and you have to go into System preferences and select Pro Tools to access the microphone ??? don't ask me why
Go to : System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy > Microphone and enable Pro Tools.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 01-21-2020, 10:21 AM

Hi: Yes I have a metal graphics card but I did not boot from Mojave. I will try that and report back before downloading the drivers for the PT Ultimate. Thank you for your response. Steve.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1 View Post
Hi: Yes I have a metal graphics card but I did not boot from Mojave. I will try that and report back before downloading the drivers for the PT Ultimate. Thank you for your response. Steve.
You need to provide folks lot more info with posts here. Like what exact OS were you booting? What exact version bootrom do you have?
Old 01-28-2020, 07:44 AM

Hi All: I am happy to report that I have successfully downloaded PT HD Ultimate 2019.12 and am back up and running. As soon as I downloaded Mojave 10.14.6, the system recognized the new Samsung SSD and I was able to boot from that disk leaving the original SSD disk with Pro Tools 10 in place for future reference if necessary. I did a clean install of PT HD Ultimate on the new SSD drive by loading the drivers first and the program second. The drivers updated the AVID hardware I have and was instantly recognized in PT. YEAH ! Thank you Darryl for the SSD suggestions and K. Roche for reminding me I had to boot from Mojave to get the computer to recognize the new Samsung SSD drives and to download the PT HD Drivers FIRST before installing the program. You guys are the best !

Steve.
Mac Pro Mid 2012 3.46 Ghz 6 Core Intel Zeon 32 GB Ram; Samsung SSD 970 Pro NVMe M.2 (1 TB) (x2); Syba I/O Crest dual m.2 NVMe Ports to PCIe 3.0 X 16; Nvidia GT 640 Graphics Card; Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6; Avid Omni, Avid I/O 16, Avid HD Native Card; Avid PT HD 2019.12.