Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2014, 12:45 AM

Default HD Omni Noise Issue at the inputs

Hi. I recently bought an Avid HD Omni & I'm getting an issue when I try to record guitar or vocals. I'm getting a little hum noise at the inputs. I thought it had something to do with the preamp, even when I press the knob under the preamp display...I try to disable the preamp & I cannot go below P1= +10. Is that normal ? Is there any way to disable the preamp ?

I used the input at the back as I am already using a UAD La-610 for preamp. Just to be sure it was not a cable problem, I tried the same set-up on another audio interface (Profire 2626) & I don't get any noise.

Any suggestion ?
Thanks
Old 11-03-2014, 02:07 AM

Default Re: HD Omni Noise Issue at the inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppp26 View Post
Hi. I recently bought an Avid HD Omni & I'm getting an issue when I try to record guitar or vocals. I'm getting a little hum noise at the inputs. I thought it had something to do with the preamp, even when I press the knob under the preamp display...I try to disable the preamp & I cannot go below P1= +10. Is that normal ? Is there any way to disable the preamp ?

I used the input at the back as I am already using a UAD La-610 for preamp. Just to be sure it was not a cable problem, I tried the same set-up on another audio interface (Profire 2626) & I don't get any noise.

Any suggestion ?
Thanks
Hi,

Are you connecteing your LA610 to the line input 1, 2, 3 or 4 on the backside of Omni?
Have you selected Line on the Preamp section (front side)?
Have you tried to set the Reference Level to +4dBu in Hardware setup->Analog In ?
Old 11-04-2014, 02:36 AM

Default Re: HD Omni Noise Issue at the inputs

Hi.
YES I,m connecting the LA610 output to the line input 1 on the backside of Omni. I also selected Line on the Preamp section. I also tried the other options in case. For the Reference Level to +4dBu, I will try it on for sure & get back to you.

Another question, if I need to plug a synthesizer directly at the inputs (say input 1 and 2), should I select LINE on the preamp section too ?.
Thanks