Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 09-23-2017, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Only one Cloud account per Avid account

Have you tried cloud collaboration on different accounts and seen that it is even stable enough to do what you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2018, 12:50 AM

Any updates on this matter? I have 4 suites and thought it would be great to be able to collaborate on a new project. I see us running up and down with drives....
Old 05-21-2018, 04:08 PM

Default I dont think AVID really wants anyone to use Cloud Collaboration...

They certainly don't make it easy on any level.

Not the least of which you can't use CC with multiple licenses in the same account. When it was first announced years back I bought 3 licenses not realizing I wasn't going to be able to use them to collaborate because they are in the same account. At the very least I want an assistant to be able to log in and access the files.

Year after year I ask AVID at various trade shows if this will ever be possible and they say that ability is in the works... but it never comes.

I recently decided maybe a good solution is to create a 2nd AVID account and separate ilok account and transfer at least one license and create a new user identity for that license. I have been emailing support back and forth for 2 weeks now about what it the best way to do that to avoid problems since my accounts would both belong to me and I would be doing a transfer to myself.

They have been completely useless and seemingly not even understanding what I am talking about. They seem shockingly unable to help me even in the least bit.

They won't even confirm if this is the best work around for the problem...

From everything I read I'm getting the impression they wish the whole Cloud thing will just go away.

Last edited by Avid; 07-11-2018 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Resolved 6/13 through support case.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:11 PM

Anyone tried setting up a bunch of new client accounts, and using Pro Tools First to exchange the files?

That wasn't really viable originally - but nowadays it's more simple changing a Project to a Session, and vice versa.

Still a silly workaround, but do-able.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:53 AM

So two years later and nothing has changed? I have a facility with two studios offsite from each other. Want to work with my employee on same session at same time. Or even just view what he's working on in real time. Two PT HD licenses under one Avid account. How would Skywalker Sound or any big facility do the same thing? Instead it seems like Avid are thinking this technology is to be used by kids in their bedrooms jamming. Whoever designed this thing did not think about their pro studio customers. It's bizarre. Sorry for the rant, it just seems like a great option. I wouldn't even mind paying $24 bucks a month for the privilege (and cloud storage). But it's not even possible yet!
Old 12-21-2018, 06:23 PM

I was just thinking about this the other day, since I bought a new PT Ultimate license, instead of upgrading my vanilla license. So now I have two Protools licenses. I was thinking about if collaborating between both of them within the same LAN would work.

But apparently it won't. Bummer.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 01-26-2019, 01:31 PM

Wow-

Glad I noticed this, I have 2 PT|U licences and will need too more in the near future. I will certainly be setting up the new ones under new master accounts...

That's what makes this so dumb.