Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 01-16-2024, 12:45 AM

Default Re: New PT Prefs helper

Ahhhhh, interesting. I'd seen a note about stability of the AAX cache, I didn't realise all this though, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moogboy100 View Post
They're referring to how Pro Tools builds its AAX plugin database cache when launching and loading newly added plugins. 2023.12 improved it so it doesn't crash PT at launch when there may be 200 newly installed plugins all at once for it to cache. I have no idea what PT Prefs would even have to do with the AAX plugin cache. Especially after the fact that the cache-crash issues is now solved (gone now are the days of having to rebuild that cache by booting in batches of 30 or so active plugins at a time).

AAX Plug-in Cache Improvements
  • Quicker launch when many plugins are first cached.
  • Fixed a crash that can happen during launch when many plugins are first cached.
  • If a crash occurs during launch, on the next launch the plug-in cache creation/update will pick up where it left off.
  • The cache has been moved to a shared user location so that it does not need to be generated separately for each user account on the computer.
This one is very useful to know. I'll check it ut.
Quote:
[*]The cache has been moved to a shared user location so that it does not need to be generated separately for each user account on the computer.
Cheers,
Pete
Old 01-16-2024, 01:05 AM

Yup, very very useful. The way the AAX cache works has completely changed. It's in a different location and it's built as separate cache files per plugin now, not as one big merged file.

Thanks again,.
Pete

Quote:
This one is very useful to know. I'll check it ut.
Quote:
[*]The cache has been moved to a shared user location so that it does not need to be generated separately for each user account on the computer.
Old 03-07-2024, 08:15 AM

I just wanted to say thanks for making this app available! Super helpful!
Old 03-09-2024, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottgreiner View Post
I just wanted to say thanks for making this app available! Super helpful!
Hey Scott,
Thanks, no problem! I've been hoping to release an update for quite a while but real life has intervened like it often does for all of us. Soon though.

Cheers,
Pete