Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2017, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Space no longer active

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
This didn't work for me. Also, the Additional Value Content has disappeared from my products.
Your Pro Tools Plan license expired 3/31/2016. Looks like you did not renew the Plug-ins and Support Plan which would also explain the lack of Additional Value Content. I don't see a dedicated Space license in your iLok account either. Based on all that, neither version of Space should work on your system (unless you have a valid license on another iLok/account?).
Old 04-06-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Your Pro Tools Plan license expired 3/31/2016. Looks like you did not renew the Plug-ins and Support Plan which would also explain the lack of Additional Value Content. I don't see a dedicated Space license in your iLok account either. Based on all that, neither version of Space should work on your system (unless you have a valid license on another iLok/account?).
I renewed my update plan as soon as the link was restored in my account last month. I'm still getting emails from Avid saying that my plan is expired. Also, space is showing in the app manager.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
I renewed my update plan as soon as the link was restored in my account last month.
The Upgrade Plan provides software releases for a year. The original (combined) Upgrade and Support Plan included everything but was split early on into 2 options - Upgrade Plan (provides software releases) and Plug-In and Support (provides the bonus plugins and assisted support). You renewed the Upgrade Plan, not the Plug-In and Support Plan. That's why your Pro Tools Plan license (which authorizes Space 12.1) didn't renew and the Additional Value Content is no longer available. See this for more info.
Quote:
I'm still getting emails from Avid saying that my plan is expired. Also, space is showing in the app manager.
Which Plan? The email likely states "Your Pro Tools Plug-In & Support Plan Has Expired" which is correct. That's different than your Pro Tools Upgrade Plan (which provides software releases).

As far as Space, I'd recommend you uninstall it, trash prefs, Clear Cache Files (in Application Manager) and report back. Thanks!
Old 04-06-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
The Upgrade Plan provides software releases for a year. The original (combined) Upgrade and Support Plan included everything but was split early on into 2 options - Upgrade Plan (provides software releases) and Plug-In and Support (provides the bonus plugins and assisted support). You renewed the Upgrade Plan, not the Plug-In and Support Plan. That's why your Pro Tools Plan license (which authorizes Space 12.1) didn't renew and the Additional Value Content is no longer available. See this for more info.
Which Plan? The email likely states "Your Pro Tools Plug-In & Support Plan Has Expired" which is correct. That's different than your Pro Tools Upgrade Plan (which provides software releases).

As far as Space, I'd recommend you uninstall it, trash prefs, Clear Cache Files (in Application Manager) and report back. Thanks!
Thank you Jeffro, I don't want to use Space if it's tied to the support plan. I'm comfortable paying just for the update plan.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:12 PM

so does that mean that if i received Space as an added bonus with the purchase of PT12, that i have to maintain an active subscription for it to work??
Old 10-09-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illzcolorado View Post
so does that mean that if i received Space as an added bonus with the purchase of PT12, that i have to maintain an active subscription for it to work??
???? Have the same question ?
PT|HD Ultimate Native , UAD-2 Octo x2 , Win 10 Pro 64 bit, AMD ThreadRipper 3960X (24 cores 3,7Ghz (48 threads), 64 GB G.Tech DDR4 3200MHZ ,Gigabyte TRX40 Designare (with Thunderbolt), (Philips 40'LED screan) , Samsung 24" LED 2x192 I/O, Nuendo 4.3, Wavelab 6, Halion 3.5, Yamaha 02R96V2, AvalonAD2022, AvalonVt737sp etc... www.MrPollack.pl ,www.facebook.com/polak.bros.studio
Old 10-09-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illzcolorado View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpollack View Post
???? Have the same question ?
Correct. Space was included as one of the bonus plug-ins with Pro Tools purchases and was active during your plan's term. Extending the license was initially done by renewing the Upgrade and Support Plan ($199) and later the Plug-Ins and Support Plan ($99). Currently, you can get it as part of the Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle ($49) which includes a lot more plug-ins.