Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-16-2001, 10:42 PM

Default PT 5.1 and Aurora Fuse

Okay, I've been hearing rumors that PT5.1 does not work with Aurora Fuse Video Cards. I currently use a Fuse card in my system, but haven't had a chance to install and test out my v5.1 software on it. I'm just curious as to how many people have experienced this problem.
Old 05-17-2001, 07:13 AM

Default Re: PT 5.1 and Aurora Fuse

experiencing NO problems with the Fuse and 5.1

mix plus
sys 9.04
2 motormix
unity sampler
atto dual

pict drive is on a seperate atto channel.

all works fantastic.

Old 05-17-2001, 11:51 AM

Default Re: PT 5.1 and Aurora Fuse

We have many Ptools Mix workstations with the fuse cards, some users will experience one second intermitent freezes with picture on the NTSC monitor. This happens on some 9600's as well as on some G4's It is not just session related. If you experience the problem and pull out the fuse and put in a Mirro DC30 the problem will go away, although the Mirro has problems of its own (pausing on a frame is jerky, when you hit stop on a frame, the picture will jump around. Very bad for spotting.
So for now we use a combination of Fuse and Mirro cards.
Why this does not happen to everyone is a mystery, Is it firmware related on the fuse cards? Or just related to density of sesssions. We have tried everything, seperate drives, seperate SCSI buses, diffrent drivers, everything.
This has been happening since version 4.31, if you search for FUSE on this site you will see many many diffrent discussions about this issue.