Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2000, 04:41 PM

Default Aurora Fuse and G3/266 MT

I have searched the forum to find information regarding using the Fuse card with PT. While there are some mixed reviews, most seem positive. What I have not been able to determine is if the Fuse card will work well using a dedicated internal IDE (7200 rpm) drive. If I'm correct, the IDE bus on the beige G3's runs at about 10MB/sec and I'm wondering if this will cause me grief. If anyone is currently using a Fuse card with a beige G3/266 and an internal IDE drive, I would love to hear any input you might have as to the success of this combination. Also, are there any people out there using Virtual VTR with the Fuse? I will probably be upgrading to a G4 in the new year and it seems like a good way for me to get some more mileage out of my soon to be retired computer.
Old 12-03-2000, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Aurora Fuse and G3/266 MT

We have fuse cards in a beige G3, a 350 B&W and a 400 B&W. All are running video off of internal ATA drives. The 400 B&W is great, the 350 is sometimes a bit bogy (but its using a AMIII - more buss hungry and digi says thats the problem and so not the Fuse's fault). The beige tends to get stutery on big sessions (30-60 tracks lots of edits) its fine at the start and as the session grows there comes a point where it will start to stutter.
We started using one of the ultra wides for vid but that to eventualy would stutter. I think the buss speed of the machine is a real factor. Every thing I have heard about the miro cards points to them having even more issues.

------------------
SK