Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2015, 03:34 AM

Default Move song start. . .without moving session content?

Hey everyone,

Wondering if anyone could help.

When recording ADR, if conducting a source connect session - both studios have the session start time at 00:00:00:00, and we move our song start to all the zeroes. This is fine. . .we play in sync, everything is super.

Now the tricky part it my Edicue prompts from a dialogue editor come from a session created with a different start time: 09:59:00:00.

Naturally I made an ADR session, set its start time to 09:59:00:00 and imported the MIDI cues, everything lined up great, everything is in sync, markers and cues in the right place etc.

-----

When it comes to Source Connecting this session with another studio I have to go back to 00:00:00:00 - HOWEVER, when I then go to Move Song Start - my edicue markers etc, jump down to their relative position from the start of the session instead of maintaining their timcodes.

Anyone know how to get around this rather than have to manually move all of the MIDI data and then the individual markers?

Thanks a lot!
Old 01-28-2015, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Move song start. . .without moving session content?

Would still like to know if you could literally move the Song Start without affecting any other elements of the timeline HOWEVER:

I did find a way around it (I was sticking to the EdiPrompt manual too closely as it says when importing MIDI accept default settings).

When importing the MIDI - I just chose Spot and then spotted it to the Dial Editors session start time from when the cues were made which was 09:59:00:00.

Everything worked grand from that.

Cheers.