Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2010, 12:12 PM

Exclamation ProTools 8.0.3 and Windows 7 Ultimate hate me!!!

I honestly don't even know where to begin....

OK, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (32bit) on a PC with 3.8ghz processor, 3 gigs of RAM with my Mbox 2 Pro running into it.

Ever since I got this computer with Windows 7 on it, I've had compatibility issues obviously because certain updates and drivers hadn't been released.

I would get the mbox2 pro working with its drivers allowing me to hear audio through my monitors, but as soon as I launched PT 8.0.0 or now 8.0.3, the audio would stop. Then when I would exit out of PT, now there was no longer audio coming from windows. I would have to un-plug my firewire cord and plug it back in, and it would kind of refresh and then play audio out of windows again upon a restart. BUT STILL NO AUDIO ONCE PT IS LAUNCHED.

Now, PT wont even open!!! I've done like 6 or 7 re-installs, following instructions on Digidesigns site about not plugging the mbox in on the 8.0.0 installation and all that. Still wont even launch now. Even attempted System Restores and all.

I'm really trying to refrain from calling the 900 # proaxess folks from Avid. If anyone can help out with these issues it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I'm not really a newbie to PT, or computers. I had it where it was working for about a good 4 months, I just couldn't shutdown my computer all the way or the "NO AUDIO OUT OF PT" would occur.

PLEASE HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 02:07 PM

Default Re: ProTools 8.0.3 and Windows 7 Ultimate hate me!!!

You won't get much advice without a Sandra report

Help us help you - what you need to know before posting!

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-11-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
You won't get much advice without a Sandra report

Help us help you - what you need to know before posting!
U really don't even hav to post that.. Its rite above their heads(post) now; I peeped on earlier but jus didn't even say anything;

& 4mths is still new...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 05-11-2010, 06:42 PM

Um ok.

Key, I've been using ProTools for longer than 4 months. In a non-home studio.

I said I had it working on Windows 7, on my personal PC, for a good 4 months before the updated drivers were released.

But alright. Thank y'all anyway.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornhead View Post

OK, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (32bit) on a PC with 3.8ghz processor, 3 gigs of RAM with my Mbox 2 Pro running into it.

Ever since I got this computer with Windows 7 on it, I've had compatibility issues obviously because certain updates and drivers hadn't been released.

I would get the mbox2 pro working with its drivers allowing me to hear audio through my monitors, but as soon as I launched PT 8.0.0 or now 8.0.3, the audio would stop. Then when I would exit out of PT, now there was no longer audio coming from windows. I would have to un-plug my firewire cord and plug it back in, and it would kind of refresh and then play audio out of windows again upon a restart. BUT STILL NO AUDIO ONCE PT IS LAUNCHED.

Now, PT wont even open!!! I've done like 6 or 7 re-installs, following instructions on Digidesigns site about not plugging the mbox in on the 8.0.0 installation and all that. Still wont even launch now. Even attempted System Restores and all.

I'm really trying to refrain from calling the 900 # proaxess folks from Avid. If anyone can help out with these issues it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I'm not really a newbie to PT, or computers. I had it where it was working for about a good 4 months, I just couldn't shutdown my computer all the way or the "NO AUDIO OUT OF PT" would occur.

These are the kinds of issues many of us have had to work through with PT and W7. Mostly it's a question of hardware choices that lead to these issues. Please do post a Sandra Report so we can see where you may differ from the known working systems here.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 05-11-2010, 08:20 PM

ya want the 8.04 audio drivers, 8.03cs2 PT, legacy firewire drivers(thats what got it going for me)..and the win7 tweaks for ~stability (ha!)..
Old 05-11-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Um ok.

Key, I've been using ProTools for longer than 4 months. In a non-home studio.

I said I had it working on Windows 7, on my personal PC, for a good 4 months before the updated drivers were released.

But alright. Thank y'all anyway.
Well my apologies Cornhead...

But still, there is info needed; u only gave us a small rant

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 05-12-2010, 03:52 AM

Quote:

Thanks in advance!

I'm surprized none of the hobos directed you to my post. I've had a same if not simular problem has you where Pro Tools will not start. The way how I fixed it was disabling DEP and creating a new user account then right clicking and press Run As Admin.

Now before I recommend trying anything. I got one question, when installing 8.0 or 8.0.3 update, did you get errors during the install like " Microsoft Register Server has stop working" or something similar?

--

site: http://www.everythinglegit.com

Wah gwaan down deh..

System: Pro Tools LE, mbox 2, m-audio keyboard, HP DV7 laptop, Reaper 3 and alot of studios.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:50 AM

win 7 been working here from day 1 (Oct 23) with PT8.
Post the Sandra, you probably have a conflict somewhere.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-12-2010, 11:52 AM

Alright I will do a Sandra Report to give you guys some more information.

I do get the Microsoft has stopped working errors when installing and un-installing.

I'll check out your post ram130, thanks.