Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 08-22-2018, 07:41 AM

Default Markers Question

https://www.google.com/search?biw=19...xznaiSSPNgxPM:

I noticed on the Marker Page of the PT app that there were ONLY 9 ENTRY BUTTONS. Are you limited to just those 9 locate points? I'm currently on a MC Control and the Locate page and you get 24 locate points (per page!). Since I easily exceed that 9 locate point figure, this is concerning to me, as I'm considering a Dock/S-3 upgrade.

Is 9 just the starting point and you can access some kind of "overflow page?"
Old 08-22-2018, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Markers Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyplayerG View Post
https://www.google.com/search?biw=19...xznaiSSPNgxPM:

I noticed on the Marker Page of the PT app that there were ONLY 9 ENTRY BUTTONS. Are you limited to just those 9 locate points? I'm currently on a MC Control and the Locate page and you get 24 locate points (per page!). Since I easily exceed that 9 locate point figure, this is concerning to me, as I'm considering a Dock/S-3 upgrade.

Is 9 just the starting point and you can access some kind of "overflow page?"
Why did you post an image of Lemur?

There are multiple pages for markers on the Control App/Dock. 96 memory locations are set up by default to be able to be flipped through.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire HD10 + Max11, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.5 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 08-22-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Why did you post an image of Lemur?

There are multiple pages for markers on the Control App/Dock. 96 memory locations are set up by default to be able to be flipped through.
Not paying attention! ANY other forum allows you to post images from your own drives. But this site requires a http link. I googled PT App and posted the pic I found under that search. I was rushing, so I flat out missed the fact that it wasn't the right pic. I'm realizing now that I've never seen a screen shot of the locate page. I'm guessing it looks the same as the MC Control, right?
Old 08-23-2018, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyplayerG View Post
ANY other forum allows you to post images from your own drives. But this site requires a http link..
Wrong!! You CAN post images from your hard drive just fine. You need to use the paperclip icon and then you can upload pictures as much as you want from your library or other placesn your drives.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-23-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Wrong!! You CAN post images from your hard drive just fine. You need to use the paperclip icon and then you can upload pictures as much as you want from your library or other placesn your drives.
Thanks for that info. I've been wondering all this time about that image link. It never made any sense to me. Good to know there's another option.