Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 08-22-2019, 10:57 AM

Default Sibelius Rewire-PLEASE HELP I tried all posted suggestions to no avail

I am running Pro Tools 11.3.1 with Sibelius 7.1.3 on a Macbook Pro and I tried to set up a 2013 iMac, both with Yosemite. Previously I was able to link PT and Sib perfectly on the laptop and it was sweet! But, when setting up the new iMac I couldn't get it to work so I went back to my laptop to do a job and POOF it wasn't working there either. I spent three frustrating days of troubleshooting.

I did this:

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...ewire-bug.html

and all of this, twice:

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...ewire-bug.html

Someone had posted a similar problem and got this reply:
"But we also know many, likely most problems are caused by user/config/setup mistakes."

So....I wiped and reinstalled the OS on the iMac and plan to reinstall everything.

1. Given the comment made above, how can I avoid making a user/config/setup mistake
2. Does anyone have a suggestion other than the ones I already tried above for fixing it on my laptop without wiping and reinstalling?

I am so frustrated because composing in Sibelius along with tracks is so useful and suddenly my favorite "trick" has been taken away!!!
Old 08-22-2019, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Sibelius Rewire-PLEASE HELP I tried all posted suggestions to no avail

I meant I did all of this as well (entered the same link twice)

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/en362399
Old 08-22-2019, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Sibelius Rewire-PLEASE HELP I tried all posted suggestions to no avail

Update: I did a clean install of absolutely everything, running Pro Tools last so it will scan for it and alas, no Sibelius rewire showing up in the inserts. I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong. Sorry for the all caps frustration in the subject line but I'm really hoping I can work this out.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:27 PM

SOLVED (in a way) After much hair pulling I narrowed down the problem to the Propellerhead driver for rewire. I had updated my Waves and I believe it installed a new rewire driver that my old version of Sibelius couldn't work with. I tried to test this theory on an old machine but I couldn't find the right driver for Sibelius (1.8.2) as a stand alone download, just an old version. Could this be because Propellerhead has moved on and doesn't support this old stuff? Uninstalling Sibelius and reinstalling didn't fix it on either machine. So, I bit the bullet, upgraded my Sibelius and violá ProTools recognized it on both machines.

I am not an expert on any of this so my theories may be wrong, but the ultimate fix was spending money and moving on. I'm posting this for anyone who might run into the same thing, at least they can read through my process which may be helpful.