Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 10-21-2019, 04:45 PM

Default Microphone won't connect?

Hello,

I recently got ProTools, but I can't seem to make my microphone work. I have a Tonor Microphone that I got off Amazon, and it never gave me trouble when I first tried recording using BandLab. My Microsoft Windows 10 computer recognizes the Microphone as the audio input (it's the default) and my headphones as the output (also the default). When I go to ProTools and go to the Setting to change input and output settings, it only recognizes the original computer speaker and mic, and there aren't any other options to change.
Can anyone help out with this, because I haven't seen any info about this?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2019, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Microphone won't connect?

Pro Tools only works with ASIO compliant devices. Your USB mic is probably a class compliant device, which will not show by default in PT.

Your best bet would be to contact the mic manufacturer and see what they suggest for using that particular mic with Pro Tools.

System Details
Old 10-26-2019, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Microphone won't connect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamenicmusic1205 View Post
Hello,

I recently got ProTools, but I can't seem to make my microphone work. I have a Tonor Microphone that I got off Amazon, and it never gave me trouble when I first tried recording using BandLab. My Microsoft Windows 10 computer recognizes the Microphone as the audio input (it's the default) and my headphones as the output (also the default). When I go to ProTools and go to the Setting to change input and output settings, it only recognizes the original computer speaker and mic, and there aren't any other options to change.
Can anyone help out with this, because I haven't seen any info about this?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Try installing Asio4All and use that as your playback engine. In Asio4all you should see your mic, if you do then pro tools should see it too and you'll be able to set it as the input.

Wave-T.com