Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2014, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Artist Transport for Automation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarbyshirebryant View Post
Also, further to my previous post which stated you can create multiple button pages for the Transport or any other surface for that matter, I've discovered a problem. Namely that EuControl will only let you add 'jump to page' actions for the Control's touchscreen & softkeys....well officially anyway.

By doing a small tweak to the appset's XML file I've successfully programmed 2 numpad pages and configured some softkeys to switch between them, so potentially you could have many more functions on the transport. I'll post more details later after I've done a bit more playing/tweaking/testing.
I'm not sure if I follow. I can already program two pages of buttons on the transport, which is accessible by pressing shift. That was a feature straight out of the box; without an XML tweak. Do you mean you figured out a way to program more than two?
Old 10-20-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fork-media View Post
Xmas is coming - maybe the MC TRansport will be on my letter to santa claus :)

Its a shame the MC mix cant be customised at all - I never use the insert button fro instance - or the pAN knobs ( much prefer to flp faders to pan )
Keep your eye on the used market for a Transport. They can sell pretty cheap used. Unlike the other Artist series, I don't notice a difference between the older Euphonix badged units and the Avid ones. It even comes in the same black color. I picked up a 'Euphonix' one for $100. Seriously.

There are a lot of thing I wish I could program in the Mix. I never use the pans because I'm almost always panning in 5.1. I would love to be Ble to tell the knobs to automatically switch to the parameters of any plugin that is currently in focus on the screen. That would be a huge time saver.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fork-media View Post
I think it could have its uses if only the buttons were bigger! I only want to access channel mutes with it.
and those little on/ sel buttons..... not used by me at all yet,,
Wait a min- of you want to access the channel mutes, you can use the Mix. That's what the 'on' buttons are really for. On/off = unmute/mute
Old 10-20-2014, 11:55 PM

ha = yeah I figured that out thanks! - I just need a few more than I have..

I like to be able to switch a few channels on / off - not necessarily the ones I am editing

thanks

I will look on ebay for a transport... looks well worth $100
Old 10-24-2014, 11:58 AM

Wow, massive write up. I'M in the middle of a film, so I haven't had time to read it and try it out. But I wanted to say a thanks for posting. Pretty cool trick.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:02 PM

Thanks for that inspiring post.
I just bought a Transport and was amazed about the possibilities of EuCon but at the same time about how poor this editor software is.

It would be really good to have multiple pages of softkeys with visual feedback on the display. Personally I don't need two timecode displays, so the display could be used for showing your current softkey page like "Automation" "Snapshots" etc.

Maybe that could be possible with your XML hack?

An inspiration for the person programming EuControl could be a software like "ikey"...
Reaper 6.66, Fireface UCX

MacbookPro M1Pro PTHD2021.12 MacOS12.1
BlackmagicDesign UltraMonitor3G

MOTU 24Ao AppleTB3toTB2->AppleTB2->Ethernet->AVB