Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 12:34 PM

Default Re: There is no spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Russell View Post
Thanks, MT.

But forget about features - it's all about headroom!

Tad says so!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLIhW...=youtube_gdata
Oh damn, the Tad gauntlet get thrown down! Now only if Diamond Dave (not Lee Roth) still had his wonderful videos posted.

While not Tad, I've found these to be helpful..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqLUJ...eature=related
Old 02-16-2010, 02:14 PM

Default Re: LE to HD quality difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
I wouldn't either... I'm a Sony Playstation guy myself
That is funny!

And no, unfortunately Tad is not kidding. But his videos are hilarious.

I'm glad they have distracted us from the bickering as it seems the OP has gotten the point(s) and hopefully won't be too mad at me derailing the thread.

Long live the Tads out there! Endless laughter.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:07 PM

mad? I thought tad was hilarious, and thanx again for all the reply's. REALLY learned a lot. If anybody wants to help me out on my next question, it would be most appreciated, thou it's native oriented

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=267250
Old 02-16-2010, 03:41 PM

Thank heavens for this thread becoming civil again, many thanks to those who've turned it around.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-16-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Thank heavens for this thread becoming civil again, many thanks to those who've turned it around.
you're welcome [sort of].

but sit there quietly now, and don't screw it up again.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
You've provided many of us with much entertainment the past few days so I'll officially sign off from this one knowing that your inaccurate information regarding HD and LE has all been corrected here for any future reader. I love you, have a beautiful day, and sleep on this for tonight.

Shane
first of all, i located the following recent photo of you, and i was wondering if you could autograph it for me [if its not too much trouble].

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...-to-school.jpg

next, i have concluded that you are definitely an evil hobo. either that, or you have fallen under the spell of an evil hobo [perhaps hobo tom, or one of his engineers/underlings].

i can discern your hobo-dom by the way you disingenously say you love me, and then wish me a beautiful day. you see, its much the same as the way most evil hobos act when one does not give them a dollar [to buy more wine with]. they always say, "God bless you", and "Have a blessed day", and other such things, just to make people feel guilty for not buying them more wine or heroin.

so you do not love me, do you? you have love only for your pro tools le system. and your graphs and screenshots and stuff like that.

yes, we know that you and your pro tools le loving hobo companions have your evening get-togethers where you give each other courtesy work-arounds, trying to bolster hobo confidence in the "le way".

next, as i thought i already told you, you keep proving my point with your posts. you have to zoom in much closer than you have on your screenshots. then you will see that le is not sample accurate. you are being deliberately misleading with your screenshots.

you have to zoom all the way in to where you can view the zero crossings.

so your screenshots don't prove anything, except that you have spent a bunch of time making screenshots. hmmm.

furthermore, by your own admission, even with your kludge routing workaround, you cannot "turn off" only the input latency compensation or only the output latency compensation.

that it what you need to be able to do, and that is why the superior hd system provides for it.

moreover, of great significance, and as i already explained, even if some le system was compensating for its interfaces, or trying to, then you are stuck with the pro tools le hardware, which is a complete non-starter.

so, gather 'round all of you, and behold the mighty, fearless HD, destroyer of all other daws.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...24&langid=100&

the mighty HD knows no fear. it fears not logic, nor pyramix, nor nuedo, nor radar.

the mighty HD is a friend of all, and brother to the tape machine.

BEHOLD IT!

RAAAAAAAAAHH!

BEHOLD IT!!!!

BEHOLD THE AWESOME "HD" [hobo destroyer]!!!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterduk View Post
first of all, (snip a lot of useless drivel)

For a minute I thought you might be trying to be funny, but then I just decided you were being simple.

All through this I've wondered who you really are.. you are reminiscent of a few others on here that seem to disappear from time to time. Ah well.. glad you are amused...

What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterduk View Post
first of all, i located the following recent photo of you, and i was wondering if you could autograph it for me [if its not too much trouble].

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...-to-school.jpg
Uh ohhhhh, the lolcats have arrived. Shiz gonna get crazy in here reaaaaal fast.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Seems like you spoke to soon huh? ha. I haven't seen a DUC'er along the lines of masterduk for a while! (sorry to single you out dude, but you are just out of your mind!) I wish i could remember some of the other members who used to hijack threads going back 10 years ago. It would be fun to create some kind of " Top 10 " list of the most annoying, unhelpful, damned-near-shocking-should-be-banned from the DUC, members with links to their posts and make it a sticky on the main page- " DO NOT INTERACT WITH THESE PEOPLE ".

I had it out with masterduk on another thread I started about Delay Compensation, where I was trying to learn, get some useful info, and all the helpful and friendly stuff that goes on here. And he was RELENTLESS. Actually forced me down to his troll-hole level with all the yelling and personal attacks! It got really comical. Talk about pointless and condescending! geez. (Though it was interesting to see HIM feeling condescended earlier in this thread. :) And whether he was right with some points or wrong on others, his, umm, ' extraordinary ' personality (i.e. beat up alot as a kid most likely) blared loud and clear.

Of course, this post right here will most definitely get the expected response from him. I can only giddily await it! Maybe something about how I like to sleep with my Apogee's at night. haha. ahhh well. What can ya do.

But I promise I won't fuel his fire. (aside from just this one itty bitty post)

I just really wish we could make a sticky to warn new members who to stay away from.

MT
•••DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE•••
•Use & Trust ø Cancellation!•
Old 02-16-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.Everest View Post
Seems like you spoke to soon huh? ha. I haven't seen a DUC'er along the lines of masterduk for a while! (sorry to single you out dude, but you are just out of your mind!) I wish i could remember some of the other members who used to hijack threads going back 10 years ago. It would be fun to create some kind of " Top 10 " list of the most annoying, unhelpful, damned-near-shocking-should-be-banned from the DUC, members with links to their posts and make it a sticky on the main page- " DO NOT INTERACT WITH THESE PEOPLE ".

I had it out with masterduk on another thread I started about Delay Compensation, where I was trying to learn, get some useful info, and all the helpful and friendly stuff that goes on here. And he was RELENTLESS. Actually forced me down to his troll-hole level with all the yelling and personal attacks! It got really comical. Talk about pointless and condescending! geez. (Though it was interesting to see HIM feeling condescended earlier in this thread. :) And whether he was right with some points or wrong on others, his, umm, ' extraordinary ' personality (i.e. beat up alot as a kid most likely) blared loud and clear.

Of course, this post right here will most definitely get the expected response from him. I can only giddily await it! Maybe something about how I like to sleep with my Apogee's at night. haha. ahhh well. What can ya do.

But I promise I won't fuel his fire. (aside from just this one itty bitty post)

I just really wish we could make a sticky to warn new members who to stay away from.

MT

ha. ha. you're still following me around, trying to get over it. looks like you haven't made much progress.

let's see. you're the genius that advised the original poster to waste money renting studio time to make his "big decision".

and i'll quote you, for comic effect:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtevrest
Bring the mics/non PT gear you use to a studio with HD for a day or two and mimic what you do day to day. (Even mimic the live room you normally record in)

Record, edit, edit more, do overdubs, pre-mix, edit more, record more, mix again, do that last minute OD just before you were ready to print you final mix.
hmm, i believe its safe to say that you've got issues.

look, man, anyone who cannot immediately realize, after checking out the readily available information, that a pro tools hd system is a league above an le system probably doesn't belong in the business.

and your comment to "everyone", to the effect that, "hey, if what you have works for you, then its all good" is also a load of b.s.

but you would need a level of actual integrity, and competence to understand that its not just about "whatever works".

murder "works".

but that doesn't mean its a good idea.

its about what is good for the art, the advancement of excellence, encouraging and employing the best possible delivery medium, and things of that nature.

its not about arguing like an imbecile to defend some mediocre converter box you bought because you didn't know any better.

but you don't get that. instead, you intentionally cripple a pro tools hd system by using cheap, crappy converters [actually bypassing the better digidesign interface, just to reduce the quality of your audio].

yeah, brilliant. right on, man.

and then, from high atop your "mountain" of confusion, you try to present yourself as some sort of "advisor" to the others, and you try to make fun of me. like your whistling in the dark so you won't be afraid.

how's rosetta? holding up?
Closed Thread