Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2015, 10:38 AM

Default Corrupted session HELP!

So I got the error 'The document could not be opened because it was created with an older version of Pro Tools'

I'm on PT 10.3.10HD mac using HD6. Corrupt session would not open on the same system / version it was created on nor on PT11. Backups would not open back 2 hours worth. Older versions of the session open, but at time stamp 2 hours prior to final version saved the above error is reported. My CCC archive has same issue. Drive was repaired but no luck. The 2 hours lost has a lot of mix tweaks and files added during a single mix down with artist and management present - its not gonna be cool to lose this.

I have researched this topic on the DUC - I have done all suggested fixes (prefs, permission repairs etc ..)

Does anybody have tools to repair corrupted session? HELP please!

Ainslie
Old 06-08-2015, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Corrupted session HELP!

Try creating a new blank session and using "Import Session Data" to import all of the tracks into the new session.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Zull View Post
Try creating a new blank session and using "Import Session Data" to import all of the tracks into the new session.
Thats a good sugestion, otherwise if you can upload the session to our FTP server I can have one of our tech guys see if he can repair the session. He has all the software that big companies use to repair hard drives, cellphones and retrieve data from damaged hard drives and SSD's etc.

All depends on how much value you put on the work done as I can't say how long it will take to fix, maybe one hr, maybe 12 hrs, all depends on what is wrong so let me know if you need me to see if this can be done quickly.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-08-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
When i try to import it gives same error unfortunately
Old 06-08-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
All depends on how much value you put on the work done as I can't say how long it will take to fix, maybe one hr, maybe 12 hrs, all depends on what is wrong so let me know if you need me to see if this can be done quickly.
That would be cool .. I tried Disk Warrior .. its worth an effort for me. Theres no way i can remember all the changes we made. I could upload just the session file - you dont need the audio. You wanna PM me the details? Or I can email it if you wanna give me an email - I would totally appreciate the help Christopher - thanks a ton.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:

This normally works. I've had to do this 1 or 2 times

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 06-08-2015, 11:18 AM

PM'ed you the details

Try a few times to do what Raoul said and if it still screws up send me the session as Imwrote in the PM

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-08-2015, 11:38 AM

Hey Gents - Thanks for your suggestions. I have solved the issue. Its a weird thing i will record here for anyone who searches the topic.

I went to work on other material on this drive and others in the enclosure, and the same error message started occurring on sessions I had successfully opened prior. Also on my backup drives. I had noticed that 1 drive in my 5 bay firewire enclosure was showing an error light a couple days ago. I had ejected it intending to deal with it later. It was one of my backups. It randomly occurred to me to reseat all my external cables. So after a shutdown, reseat of the firewire cable connecting that enclosure and then restart the initial troubled session now opens.

The fact that the drives in the enclosure passed tests including Diskwarrior complete rebuild had thrown me off the track of a physical connection error. It may be a fatigued cable - I may go ahead and replace it to be sure.

Bottom line - problem solved. I hope this is the end of it! An imperfect firewire cable connection (in this case FW800) can cause this error.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:59 AM

Great to hear

Let me know if you need any help later on if it comes back or something.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-15-2015, 04:14 PM

I have a very important session that has been currupted that I need help fixing