Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 10-29-2000, 05:34 AM

Default MAC controls PC , PC controls MAC, wireless crazy stuff....you got to have it...

Hello humans,
I am dead. I've spent all night long looking for switch boxes online. A jungle.
Is 8:30am...no sleep

I posted a thing the other day asking for anybody that knows anything about wireless Mac keyboard and mouse. Nothing!

I have a 9600 and I am running 3 monitors with it.I wanted to use one monitor for my PC and for my D8B mixer, so I was looking for a box that will do that.
Well ,EVRICA!!!
I found this company "ATEN" ,that makes a good switch box for monitor, mouse and keyboard.

Easy stuff ,just add one existing monitor of the 3 to the switch box and everything works just fine without touching the MAC.
But still a wireless keyboard and mouse attached to the cool chair ,controling all this madness...was still a dream.
A dream until now, because I discoverd the CV160 wich is an MAC/PC adaptor. That means that you can control a MAC with a PC mouse and keyboard.
SOOO COOOLLL!
Now I just plug the mouse and keyboard in to this box wich goes to the big 4 switch box CS114. The monitors are fine as they are BUT THE REALY COOL thing is...I can attach a WIRELESS MOUSE AND KEYBOARD. And voila!It works. Posibilities...endlessssssss

Ok, now kiss me

Old 10-30-2000, 07:37 AM

Default Re: MAC controls PC , PC controls MAC, wireless crazy stuff....you got to have it...

How about a web address or some info on how to locate these products. I'm interested in the wireless keyboard mouse stuff.

Regards,

mtung
Old 10-31-2000, 12:56 AM

Default Re: MAC controls PC , PC controls MAC, wireless crazy stuff....you got to have it...

I am only asking for a small price to pay for those information.
- YOUR SOUL!!!!!!hi hi hi hi hahahaha
I love Halowin....Hauuuuuuu
Shure , there is no information. Exept the cool place where I got my stuff from . Remember I'v been to heal and back for 2 days to find those info and prices. The same itme at the locat ALTEX cost 255$.Here is only 160.Preaty cool ha !

The place is this: www.comcatusa.com
You will find there most of the stuff you need. I went with this C114 because in my opinion is the best. There are other to like Belden ,,,, but this one it llok to me as a better an more reliable product.

Have fun
Old 12-10-2000, 03:42 AM

Hi lucian, I'm looking for a wireless solution too. I have a G3/300 (beige) with two video cards, which are connected to two Gefen Extenders (senders), which carry the signals to two Gefen Extenders (receivers). From these two receivers the wires go to two monitors/mouses/keyboards. I think you're quite expert of the matter (!), can you give me an advice about how to make these two keys/mouses wireless ? Thanks
Old 12-10-2000, 10:08 AM

The probelm is this:
Doesn't exist any wireless mose and keyboard for MAC. The problem can be resolved with a MAC-PC converter. THis box costa bout 40$.

I have a 9600 so I can not use any USB controls ( I do have USB card with a USB modem on it ).If I will be you I will look also in to the USB stuff. Most of the stuff USB it will be better ,faster.
I have absolutely no problems with my mose and keyboard and mose.
I am conecting a 9600 a Mackie D8B digital mixer and a PC to one monitor. I am running 2 dual monitor video cards on my Mac now. I am using the 4"th monitor only when I work with video. It is so cool !
Email me if you want more info .
[email protected]

Good luck to you
Lucian
Old 12-10-2000, 04:21 PM

Logitech makes a wireless USB trackball
for mac or pc.
Circuit City has them
or buy direct from www.logitech.com.

I'm getting one of them for Christmas....

Phil
Old 12-10-2000, 08:13 PM

lucian,

I bought the CV160 and the CS114 which were very disappointing Quality is low especially on the CV160.The items are low in cost but I guess you get what you pay for...
Old 12-13-2000, 11:20 AM

Buna,Lucian!
Stii cumva dacå cv160 merge cu G4 Gigabithe Ethernet,Protools mix+,si Logitech Wireless keyboard?
Gabi
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by lucian:
Hello humans,
I am dead. I've spent all night long looking for switch boxes online. A jungle.
Is 8:30am...no sleep

I posted a thing the other day asking for anybody that knows anything about wireless Mac keyboard and mouse. Nothing!

I have a 9600 and I am running 3 monitors with it.I wanted to use one monitor for my PC and for my D8B mixer, so I was looking for a box that will do that.
Well ,EVRICA!!!
I found this company "ATEN" ,that makes a good switch box for monitor, mouse and keyboard.

Easy stuff ,just add one existing monitor of the 3 to the switch box and everything works just fine without touching the MAC.
But still a wireless keyboard and mouse attached to the cool chair ,controling all this madness...was still a dream.
A dream until now, because I discoverd the CV160 wich is an MAC/PC adaptor. That means that you can control a MAC with a PC mouse and keyboard.
SOOO COOOLLL!
Now I just plug the mouse and keyboard in to this box wich goes to the big 4 switch box CS114. The monitors are fine as they are BUT THE REALY COOL thing is...I can attach a WIRELESS MOUSE AND KEYBOARD. And voila!It works. Posibilities...endlessssssss

Ok, now kiss me

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>