Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2006, 03:55 PM

Default Headphone Mix w/Control 24

Hello Folks,

After several years in the PTLE domain, I'm finally stepping up the TDM level. I've done a search on this subject, but haven't found what I'm looking for, so I'm hoping one of you kind souls can point me in the right direction.

I haven't received my Control 24 yet, and I'm just trying to get a general grasp on it's ins/outs. My configuration includes 3 monitor pairs, which according to the manual I downloaded, is pretty much all the monitoring available. There is an aux out, which is cool, but I need at least four separate headphone mixes out of this beast. Anyone out there have a fix for my quandry?

Thanks

http://www.gidakdigital.com
Old 01-31-2006, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Headphone Mix w/Control 24

Hi. Check over in the Control 24 section. There were a couple informative threads a while back that should help you.

Jeff
Old 02-01-2006, 01:10 AM

Hi,

You won't be able to do 4 headphone mix from the control 24 directly! you'll have to use outputs from one of your interfaces to feed the headphone amp/amps and then set 4 sends inside your pro tools mixer to control the headphone sends to each musician!!(these sends can of course be controlled from the c24) you can also use an aux channel as a master send level etc the master send will be sent to the respective outputs on your interface. you will have to use groups as your send routing and i suggest naming all your groups in advance! drum send/bass send/guitar send/vocal send etc etc. this will require 8 outputs for 4 stereo sends! still when tracking you should have enough outputs available as you will be using only the inputs.

The c24 has 2 monitor outputs controlled by individual level pots! i quess you could use the aux out? but would have to turn down the other monitors first. i use my aux our as an overall headphone mix or a live room mix!

I reccommend getting a good quality bantom patchbay to control all your interface routing! one day those outputs will be doing headphone duty, next day they are you sends to the outboard and next day your sends to your surround mix etc.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:27 AM

Hey, thanks for the info. That definitely sheds some light on the whole problem. I appreciate your help.

http://www.gidakdigital.com