Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2019, 06:36 PM

Default Re: R.I.P. Allan Holdsworth

I have to tell you a great interaction with Allan, such a sweetheart of a man. well he signed my CD (wow CD's) and was very cool to talk too for a short spell.

Anyhow back in the 90's I went to see his show in Tempe AZ, and I believe the Bash on Ash.

Ronnie Montrose opened up for Allan, which was an incredible show, and had a young eighteen year old guitar whiz with him on that gig.

After Ronnie was done with his set I ended up at the side bar at the same time Ronnie did, and I offered to buy him a frosty beverage, and he politely excepted.

Of course I told him he put on a great show, and he mentioned Allan's show coming up. I then asked him his thought's about Allan's playing, and he looked me straight in the eyes and he said man that guy's playing really gives me nightmares, and truly a gifted player.

I cherish that forever !

I see a lot of players doing what he does nowadays, but somehow I don't feel it the why he translated, and conveyed that certain way of expression on that neck like he did.

Last edited by basslik; 09-19-2019 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:58 PM

Default Re: R.I.P. Allan Holdsworth

Wow! Must missed this...... RIP Allan

I remember first hearing of him when I was in my late teens..... consider him one of many influences.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————