Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-11-2016, 12:09 PM

Default Audio "Dante" devices for commercial

Hi. We will be redoing our trade building. We have cat cable in every room. We want to transfer audio signals to the rooms using our existing cat cable. We have decided to invest in an Dante solution. There are several brands such as RDL, Behringer, etc.
Is anyone familiar with these brands and technologies? I want to understand the differences and prices between them. Any help will be much appreciated.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Audio "Dante" devices for commercial

Denburger,
I use Dante with a QSC Qsys and a DAD AX32 and DX32.
It works amazing and it's all over a CAT 6 cable!
I would suggest you look at QSC QSys or Focusrite Rednet . Both are Dante capable. During the initial set up it would help to have a network guy there but after that it's rock solid! You will love it!
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401937/
Like everything in life, there are no guarantees just opportunities.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Audio "Dante" devices for commercial

Hey Den,

Did you make a decision yet? I can tell you from our own experiences that using network connections is blazingly fast for what we do, and am really surprised that is not used more often. It sounds like a perfect solution for you though.