Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2012, 02:38 PM

Default Help with Editor...

OK, so after a couple of not so happy initial problems, I have now managed to install Pro Tools 8.0.5 on my laptop...
It will start normal, if I create a new session, I can have eleven rack as a small window there where I can see what preset is loaded, I can also download presets from computer, but there are still two issues here:

1. Why does my headphones on the 11R go silent? If I turn Pro Tools off, the sound come back... Of course there is a setting somewhere, but where?
2. I still can not open Eleven Rack Guitar Editor window in Pro Tools. When I try I get a warning: "Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x00000068 at address: 0x04D395D3 in module: Gtr.dll."
What is this Gtr.dll and how can I fix this new problem?

Everything seems up to date with drivers and so on...
Old 02-09-2012, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Help with Editor...

In Pro Tools you have to engage the record button on the track you're using in order to hear it. See if reinstalling the Eleven Rack software fixes the problem.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:13 PM

dll's are usually driver related and can sometimes get corrupted;

1. With the 11R switched on, go to Device Manager>double click Sound video and Game controllers. If there are any entries for the 11R (normally there are two 'Avid Eleven Rack' and 'Avid Eleven Rack RT DFU'). Double click the first one>Driver Tab>Uninstall Driver. Ignore any warnings and click OK. Do same for the DFU entry.
If there aren't any entries, your drivers haven't installed correctly so just go to next step.

2. Make sure you do have the latest drivers;
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...3=1450&Hilite=

Re-install them with 11R turned off then reboot with it turned on;

Do you have the expansion pack? If so re-install software part (no need to re-run the firmware updater).

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 02-10-2012, 08:06 AM

THanks guys!

But no luck... Followed your instructions, 2 times. Nothing new. Yes I have exp-pack, also installed ok...

Then uninstalled Pro Tools, and reinstalled. Same, same...

So 2 pc's that Pro Tools won't work on... Don't know what to do, who knew software in the year of 2012 would be so difficult to make it work?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm stuck...

The laptop I'm trying to make this work on is a small Asus EEE. I'm sure i've seen a thread where a guy had a similar problem, and Benoni actually installed Pro Tools successfully on the same kind of mini-pc. I think he installed Quicktime before reinstall, and suddenly it just worked... Can't find that thread now...

By the way, I did install latest Quicktime before the reinstall just now...
THe Pro Tools actually run fine, there are no strange errors, I can open menu items and so forth, it's just this editor window for 11R that gets this problem... I can't help feeling, the pc is ok, but there is something about that 11R stuff...

If Benoni sees this, any advice?
Old 02-10-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztevie View Post
THanks guys!

But no luck... Followed your instructions, 2 times. Nothing new. Yes I have exp-pack, also installed ok...

Then uninstalled Pro Tools, and reinstalled. Same, same...

So 2 pc's that Pro Tools won't work on... Don't know what to do, who knew software in the year of 2012 would be so difficult to make it work?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm stuck...

The laptop I'm trying to make this work on is a small Asus EEE. I'm sure i've seen a thread where a guy had a similar problem, and Benoni actually installed Pro Tools successfully on the same kind of mini-pc. I think he installed Quicktime before reinstall, and suddenly it just worked... Can't find that thread now...

By the way, I did install latest Quicktime before the reinstall just now...
THe Pro Tools actually run fine, there are no strange errors, I can open menu items and so forth, it's just this editor window for 11R that gets this problem... I can't help feeling, the pc is ok, but there is something about that 11R stuff...

If Benoni sees this, any advice?
Yeah installing Quicktime made the editor work correctly for me on a Asus EEE. Also make sure to launch Pro Tools with Run As Admin.

Instead of double clicking the Pt icon to launch, RIGHT CLICK and choose Run As Admin.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 02-10-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Yeah installing Quicktime made the editor work correctly for me on a Asus EEE. Also make sure to launch Pro Tools with Run As Admin.

Instead of double clicking the Pt icon to launch, RIGHT CLICK and choose Run As Admin.
Did this also... Do you know how I can check that the expansion is "integrated in Pro Tools" so to speak?
Also, I installed the expansion to 11R thru my stationary before, where I also registered it... Now I have only run expansion pack again, but left the expansion folder youre supposed to continue with updating 11R alone...
Could running this folder again do something bad, since I already have exp-pack inside 11R (2.0.1). Or maybe running this "continue" folder is irrelevant for Pro Tools?
Old 02-10-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Did this also... Do you know how I can check that the expansion is "integrated in Pro Tools" so to speak?
Also, I installed the expansion to 11R thru my stationary before, where I also registered it... Now I have only run expansion pack again, but left the expansion folder youre supposed to continue with updating 11R alone...
Could running this folder again do something bad, since I already have exp-pack inside 11R (2.0.1). Or maybe running this is irrelevant for Pro Tools?
If i understand you correctly -

no, running the first section of the ERXP will not do anything to mess up PT.

To check if the updated UI files are in the PT plugin folder, just check the folder.

On Windows 32 bit that is:

C:>Program Files>Common Files>Digidesign>DAE>Plug-Ins

For Windows 64 bit that is:

C:>Program Files(x86)>Common Files>Digidesign>DAE>Plug-Ins

Open the "Plug-Ins" folder and look for things named "Eleven xxxxx"

Like "Eleven Modulation UI.dmp/rsr" and "Eleven UI.dmp/rsr"

You will notice that these (and others) have dates from 2011 while others like "Eleven FX Loop UI" have dates from 2009.

Thats what you want to see.

If all the "Eleven xxxx UI" files are from 2009, then the update files are not present for PT to access.

Does that clear it up?

If you already have the Expansion Pack installed on the Eleven Rack unit (the physical unit) there is no need to run the Firmware updater portion of the ERXP (ever again basically). so if when you check the Firmware version on the 11R, if it is saying 2.0.1, then don't try to re-install the firmware AND PLEASE do not install 1.0.3 or lower on the rack either.

Here is the thread where another person had the Gtr.dll problem

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=296197

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 02-10-2012, 09:39 AM

You may have to check in the MIDI Input Devices section in PT also to make sure the Eleven Rack is enabled to communicate with PT. I seem to remember some people needing to do that in PT LE8, I cant check as I'm on PT9 on all my PC's.

And (in Pro Tools) if you go to WINDOW, and 'check' Eleven Rack what exactly happens?

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 02-10-2012, 09:50 AM

THanks Benoni!

Yes, everythings in there, plugins from 2011...
I tried to download an earlier version of Quicktime but no difference.

OK, I'm stuck, could try to contact Avid support, but I have a strong feeling they will complain my laptop doesn't meet their requirements...
Everything works ok, ONLY the window won't open...

I can transfer presets by that small 11r-area in Pro Tools main window. It's not very comfortable though, to click with mouse 10 times for each preset I wanna try, but what to do?

I start to think I need to buy a new computer, but that also feels like a gamble, what if something with that motherboard or some other hardware is not compatible either? Hmm..

OK, any extra advice or suggestion greatly appreciated!

Hey, Benoni, would it make sense to try and exchange Gtr.dll?? If you for example, who have a functioning one would send me a copy of yours, but I dont know if they somehow only function on your rig?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
THanks Benoni!

Yes, everythings in there, plugins from 2011...
I tried to download an earlier version of Quicktime but no difference.

OK, I'm stuck, could try to contact Avid support, but I have a strong feeling they will complain my laptop doesn't meet their requirements...
Everything works ok, ONLY the window won't open...

I can transfer presets by that small 11r-area in Pro Tools main window. It's not very comfortable though, to click with mouse 10 times for each preset I wanna try, but what to do?

I start to think I need to buy a new computer, but that also feels like a gamble, what if something with that motherboard or some other hardware is not compatible either? Hmm..

OK, any extra advice or suggestion greatly appreciated!

Hey, Benoni, would it make sense to try and exchange Gtr.dll?? If you for example, who have a functioning one would send me a copy of yours, but I dont know if they somehow only function on your rig?
the Gtr.dll file resides at C:>Program Files(x86)>Digidesign> Pro Tools

I'm not sure about switching the file. I have no problem sending it to you, its only 3.5MB BUT I'm on PT9 so it may not do anything or it may cause PT to freak out and require a uninstall and reinstall (which I am guessing you already tried)

Have you tried changing your Resolution? that may be a factor in the Window not being able to open.

Also make sure you are plugged directly into the USB 2.0 port of the PC, not a hub. You should try another port, maybe even another cable - just to rule it out.

Also try turning the PC off, and turn on the Eleven Rack and let it boot before turning on the PC.

If you go to Control Panel, open the Avid Eleven Rack app. Does it display your Firmware version? Are you able to change settings with the app?

If you go to Device Manager, do you see an (!) next to any entries?

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio