Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2011, 06:47 AM

Default Pt auto vertical scrolling

PT 9.01 on mac 2 x 2.6GHz Quad core Xeon. 8 G ram.
-------

I'm having an issue with protools automatically vertically scrolling when I drag and edit files in medium to large sessions. Its as if every third time I click or so pt is receiving a "scroll down" command from the mouse wheel. Sometimes this occurs in the midst of me dragging a region, which is just generally annoying. This doesn't happen in every session, but the sessions in which it does happen are consistent even after reboots.

I don't get this type of error in any other programs, so I'm reasonably sure its not the actual mouse wheel sending false data (microsoft intellimouse FWIW)

Also, PT seems to be auto bank selecting based on what I click in the edit window. this seems like new behavior that I'd like to figure out how to turn off, and it may be related to the false scrolling that I'm experiencing.

thx!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Pt auto vertical scrolling

Could you have the "zoom toggle" enabled?
Try pressing "e" in the edit window (with the "a-z" switch enabled)
All better now?
Old 02-25-2011, 07:05 AM

nope, my zoom toggle pref resizes the track height pretty dramatically. This behaviour is occurring without changing track heights. Good thought though, so I double checked, but no.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:11 AM

bump. i wonder if anyone else is even experiencing this problem. its becoming a little crippling to my workflow.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renec View Post
This doesn't happen in every session, but the sessions in which it does happen are consistent even after reboots.

Also, PT seems to be auto bank selecting based on what I click in the edit window. this seems like new behavior that I'd like to figure out how to turn off, and it may be related to the false scrolling that I'm experiencing.

thx!
Sounds like the "Scroll to Track banks controllers" function is goofing on you. Do you have it selected in Prefs?.

Any troubleshooting yet? Cleanse prefs/databases? Could be session corruption?
Use import session data and import to fresh session?

By auto bank selecting.. are you on a worksurface. cntrl+shft will do this, as you probably know.. could you have a Quick key setting malfunctioning?

What version of PT are you on?.. SB
Old 02-28-2011, 12:20 PM

That Scroll to track banks controllers pref was definately contributing. When I turned it off the behaviour calmed down. Turn it back on and its back to acting crazy.

I trashed prefs and re-assigned my controller, which seems to have it calmed down. its still a little skittish, but less crazy than it was before.

thx for the help!
-Rene