Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Crisis transferring mac PT files to PC

Hello. I'm having a huge issue with transferring sessions from an intel Macbook to a PC. Both are running PT 7.1.X I had no trouble opening the files after I first moved them, spent hours editing and mixing each one, then saved. Now every time I open one of the sessions it says "Access violation occurred" and with several of them pro tools immediately crashes. In the sessions that don't crash, the waveforms are there but highlighted in grey and the session does nothing when the "play" button is clicked. All of the backup files do the same thing. I cannot save copies of the sessions as I get an error stating "Access Violation When Translating Paths"

I was supposed to have this stuff done by saturday but now that this is going on I don't know what to do. I already tried deleting the DAE preferences and most of the usual rememdies but nothing's working. All other sessions are working perfectly fine except for the few I transferred from the mac. If anyone could help I'd be greatly indebted to you as I really can't afford to lose business
Old 03-29-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Crisis transferring mac PT files to PC

Create a nw session and Import Session Data a few tracks at a time... something's corrupt in your session. You can also try opening one of the backup sessions.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 03-30-2007, 12:37 AM

Yeah all of the backups are fried also but thanks for the help. I've narrowed it down to being related to the waves plugs, but I'm still troubleshooting why it would affect the mac-imported files and not the windows files. I'm gonna try reinstalling the bundle and if that doesn't work I'll try what you mentioned with single tracks.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:52 AM

Reinstalling worked for about 10 minutes and then I got this message:

"Assertion in "\code\aztec_Lomax\AlturaPorts\PT4_App\Mdie\Md line 518

no clue what that is.

then PT crashed again
Old 03-30-2007, 04:31 AM

Oh my...
I know this problems very well. I thought the compatibility had improved with PT7.
But do not know about this particular error message:"Assertion in "\code\aztec_Lomax\AlturaPorts\PT4_App\Mdie\Md line 518"
So maybe I am wrong, but:

Well as Rail Jon Rogut said creating a new session and import session data was the
thing that worked for me most of the times.
If you still get an error after having done the import session data thing do the following.
Create a new session and import the single tracks of the mac session.
Track by track.
If you imported the first track and no error message ocured Save and continue.
At a certain point with a specific track you get an acces violation or something else.
Then do not save!!! Continue the procedure skipping these tracks.
If this did work so far give us a post.

Keep the problematic tracks in mind and import them in an different new session and
go through each clip if there are corrupt fade files or ofleine regions. Or see which plugins
are enabled.

If evrything is OK do session copy in with that session see if it reopens fine and then combine your two sessions with
import session data.

Puh.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:43 PM

Wow, thanks for the reply I'll try that tonight. So you had the same issue with mac to PC conversions? I'm curious if you were able to isolate it to any plugins like I did. Like I said, when I uninstalled the waves plugins everything worked fine then I reinstalled and it went back to crap!
Old 03-30-2007, 02:52 PM

No No. It had nothing to do with any plugins. So if uninstalling the waves stuff
works its quiet strange. You even have the problem when you get rid of all the plugins from the session
you want to import?
Old 03-30-2007, 03:00 PM

Actually the only plugins on the imported files are the free digidesign plugs so I doubt thats the issue but I can check that out too. I'm thinking somehow the mac files don't like the windows waveshell
Old 03-30-2007, 03:06 PM

I think so too. Strange.....

Waves on PC import Mac Session trouble.....
How many tracks is this Mac Session?
Old 03-30-2007, 05:06 PM

well there's nine sessions, the one with fewest tracks has 6 and the one with most has 24 and they're all acting similarly