Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2012, 02:44 PM

Default Control 24 Fader Problem

Hey guys, I am new here and have been trying to figure out this problem for a while now and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to fix it.

So I have a Digi Control 24 with the Focusrite Pre's and I had the PSU go out so I sent the PSU in for repair at an Certified Avid Repair shop, then I got it back and plugged it all in and suddenly my first 8 faders quit working. Anyone able to suggest where I even begin to look to fix this? And could it possible be connected to the PSU and maybe I reinstalled it wrong?

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Control 24 Fader Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRobSully View Post
Hey guys, I am new here and have been trying to figure out this problem for a while now and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to fix it.

So I have a Digi Control 24 with the Focusrite Pre's and I had the PSU go out so I sent the PSU in for repair at an Certified Avid Repair shop, then I got it back and plugged it all in and suddenly my first 8 faders quit working. Anyone able to suggest where I even begin to look to fix this? And could it possible be connected to the PSU and maybe I reinstalled it wrong?

Thanks!
Hi,

Yes I would say one of the connections to the power supply is possibly not seated tight or in the refitting process you pulled one of the cables and it's come lose at the other end so you might need to trace the cables back to the connections on the other end.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Control 24 Fader Problem

If it makes you feel any better i have the exact same problem. First 8 faders are "dead" they jump around sometimes, they lay there dead sometimes, they work rarely, but they're completely un-usable. I popped off the PSU panel and powered the unit on to see if i could find the problem. The last post seems to be correct. When i press down on the connector for faders 1-8 on the PSU they jump back to life and work perfect. As soon as i let go they're back to jumping around. I don't wanna send my PSU back for rebuild just yet because i don't know if they'll catch the problem or if its even a problem with the PSU itself, or just a loose connection. I had it rebuilt only about a year ago. I just cant figure out where the connection is actually loose. Each little Molex connector inside the plug itself seems tight and clean, so i"m wondering if its on the other end (deep inside the board) that's loose. I don't even know how to get access to that side of the plug.