Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2013, 10:23 PM

Default Is the forum better or worse since the adding of the new mods?

A relevant dialogue had begun regarding the new spirit of the forum after the adding of the many new mods, but the dialogue was cut short by Avid because 'it wasn't related to the original topic.'

It began around page 11:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=338380&page=11

I thought the topic deserved discussion, as did many others, so here's a new thread where the discussion is entirely related to the topic.

What do you think? Would you say that the forum is a bit too heavily monitored now? Does the forum need 4 different mods jumping into every post which contains anyone who proposes anything that's not entirely pro-Avid? Some mods are steering threads, and others are even taking issue with our personal opinions if they don't align with their own, editing and even deleting posts in some cases for this sole reason, though under the guise of keeping the peace. That's primarily what I've noticed in the 15 or so times I've visited this forum since the additions, though it was obvious on the very first visit.

In my "opinion" this should not be allowed by Avid's forum administrator(s). The forum is a different place now, not a better one.