Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2008, 02:51 AM

Default recording questions

Hi Everone I have a few questions.

-I just bought a new keyboard last week (a Yamaha S90ES) and I'm love with it, I think it's phenomenal, I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether I would be better off recording it directly into my Mbox2 or buying another microphone.

-My second question is about sound effects, my S90ES doesn't have very many, it's only fault in my opinion, if I download sound effects from findsounds.com or one of those places, can I upload them to my computer when I want to add them to a recording and then control them with my keyboard, it has a MIDI uplink but I'm new to all this stuff.

-My last question is about plug ins, I'm disappointed that a lot of the plug ins that came with my Mbox2 were versions that expired, with the exception of the RTAS plug ins, could anyone point me to where I can find some decent plug ins (for cheap or free (even better I'm a college student and a musician) just for amps, sound effects (like the ones I mentioned above) and any other little goodies you can think of.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

-Eric
Old 02-18-2008, 03:20 AM

Default Re: recording questions

There are volumes and volumes of informational reading available out there.
I'd suggest you do some reading on samplers and MIDI, to get a basic idea about both worlds.
Basic MIDI operation would be a good start.