Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2004, 04:42 AM

Default ProTools LE MAJOR CRASH

Hello All!

I'm new to the boards here and I see this may be an extremely useful board for my occasional problems and even to help other ProTools users. I just recently bought an Mbox to take care of some of my editing needs (been using a 001 for 5 years i think now) so i would consider myself quite protools savvy. Here's my problem: When I launch protools... I let it sit alone and do not touch any keys... I can count to 30 seconds and almost to the second ProTools unexpectedly quits.. When it does launch all the way I click on the FIle Menu but when i select New or Open... the screen freezes for a second... then BAM a new unexpectedly quit window pops up with me to send the report to Apple.... WHY IS PROTOOLS DOING THIS!

System Config:
PB 1GHz 15in TiBook
1GB RAM
60GB HD + 200+GB outboard Firewire drives (all worked fine before)
Cinema Display
ProTools LE 6.4

I have updated the firmware on the Mbox to the latest. By the way ProTools did this before 6.4 as well tho it was a little bit more random as to when there would be a crash. I DEPEND upon this system and now I feel stuck. I've repaired permissions... I've reinstalled PT I have all the requirements needed... i have no idea why this thing isn't working... this is extremely aggrivating and all I can say is I'm glad I wasn't dependent upon this setup along while i was on tour. Logic Pro 6.4 works fine using the Mbox as it's main output and inputs... the only problem is ProTools... whats the deal? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

-Chris-