Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2012, 10:30 AM

Angry Avid never registered my product - need support - extremely unfair

I am very unhappy with is company and with my Mbox product. I've only had it just over a year and it has stopped working correctly. The sample rate is off causing playback to be pitch shifted either too high or too low. I had to use my 1 given support ticket to get resolution for an error on your company's side - I was originally unable to register my product and you forced me to use my support for this. This has left me unable to use or record my item and it is now collecting dust. I want a full replacement or a refund for the product as this is not fair at all.

I used to recommend your product - MBOX and Protools to everyone I know. Recently I have been warning people of this major defect (forums and discussion boards support this) as other people are having the same issue. AVID needs to do something about this asap or a lot more people are going to be unhappy.

Please respond with how you intend to rectify this situation or with what other options I may have. It is ridiculous for me to have to spend money on repairing a defective product. I would like a full refund or a replacement asap.

Sincerely,
Steve Adams
804-517-6417
Old 11-12-2012, 03:17 PM

Angry Avid never registered my product - need support - extremely unfair

I was forced to use my only "free" support case on trying to get someone to register my product and this was never done. Now my MBOX 3 Pro stopped working correctly - sample rate problem, playback is slow. I bought this product in April 2011 from Guitar Center. I tried contacting support but they were unhelpful. I am very upset and have not been able to use my mbox for over 6 months. I deserve this issue to be fixed or a new mbox and at the very least I need to be awarded a support ticket. Like I said I tried to register my mbox and for some reason the case was closed but there is no record of my product. If I look under my Avid account there is no mention of my Mbox or protools - only some of the free plugins that were included. I am happy to give a support rep my info but why should I have to pay for a ticket when the original one was closed without resolution - extremely unfair! I should have been able to use my support ticket for actual support - like the problem occurring now!

Also, like i said, the sample rate problem that other's have mentioned has occurred causing my playback and recordings and bounced tracks to be pitched shifted slower. I used to always recommend digidesign and avid to people but unless this can be resolved I will never do that again!

This is extremely frustrating! I hope no one else has had this issue! If anyone knows how to fix the sample rate problem please help.

here are the results from my regisitration case -

Case Number Subject (Short Description) Date
(mm/dd/yy) Case Status Avid Support Code (If Applicable)
01581655 Registration 04/13/11 Closed - Resolved

But looking under my account there is no registration of an Mbox or Protools.
__________________________________________________ ______________
I have a samsung laptop

Operating System
Windows 7 (64-bit)
CPU/ Processor
Intel® Core™ i5-3317U Processor
4GB Standard System Memory
500GB hd
Intel® HD Graphics 4000

mbox 3 pro
Old 11-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Avid

Post Re: Avid never registered my product - need support - extremely unfair

Hello,

You don't have to use an Avid Support Code for registration or repairs.

For registration, call the support # and press 2 (for reg) -or- start a Registration Help case from this page.

As far as the Mbox issue, you can call the support line and select Repairs - no ASC is needed. See this page for more info about repairs/RMAs.

Last edited by AvidCS; 11-12-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Fixed the Reg Help link.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:48 AM

Angry PRODUCT STILL NOT REGISTERED_Sample Rate Error/Slow Playb _ HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

I once again attempted to register my product (taking 1.5 years) and report a manufacturers defect (sample rate problem/ slow playback)-with the help from this forum- and have still gotten nowhere. I received an email from a support rep stating the following:
__________________________________________________ __
Dear Mr. Adams,

Thank you for contacting Avid audio registration support.

We have checked the registration records and it seems that the Mbox was registered in April of 2011 ( Confirmation # 5193-1668196 ).

Before you decide to send the product for repair, please have a look at the article below in case it helps:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/f...r&DocType=1078

Kind regards,
Avid Customer Service
__________________________________________________ ____________

Here is a copy of what "My Products" with Avid are:

Home › Your Products
Avid Support Code: Pro Tools LE Telephone Support, 1 Call
Pro Tools LE Telephone Support, 1 Call: 5*9****** - 11/12/12
Please use this code when prompted for access into our Support Center.
Downloads
Pro Tools 8 Third Party Content
Celemony Melodyne Essential: 4*41**-*****-657*1 - 04/14/11
Enter code during software installation
Downloads
FXpansion BFD Lite v8 (Win)948.45 MB Download ›
FXpansion BFD Lite v8 (Mac)962.27 MB Download ›
Celemony Melodyne Essential v8 (Win)24.23 MB Download ›
Celemony Melodyne Essential v8 (Mac)28.65 MB Download ›
Torq LE v8 (Win)209.93 MB Download ›
Torq LE v8 (Mac)234.52 MB Download ›
__________________________________________________ ______________

When I reported my sample rate problem I was given an old link to information on a RMA that had nothing to do with the sample rate problem. I need this defective MBOX replaced, repaired, or refunded! I'm spending hours with AVID and getting nowhere at all.

My only free support case was used to attempt to register this product and that case was closed when I initially bought the product. I have since been given a new free contact and will be making use of that today but I ask that you - PLEASE LEAVE THIS THREAD OPEN. This is a valid case to see how customer service deals with my 2 problems - Registration and a sample rate defect.

__________________________________________________ _________

Mbox 3 (terrible)
Win 7
i5 core processors
Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Avid

Post Re: Avid never registered my product - need support - extremely unfair

Sorry that this is not being handled properly.

That KB article is sent as a standard reply for Mbox RMAs, but it sounds like your issue is the one described in this KB article. Arranging an RMA is the way to go (and you don't have to use the ASC we sent you for this).

Also, note that your Avid account will only reflect software you've activated online, it doesn't show your complete registration history (hardware, etc.).
Old 11-13-2012, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Avid never registered my product - need support - extremely unfair

Thanks so much, you've been very helpful. I would like to keep this thread open until it is rectified if possible.