http://www.digidesign.com/news/detai...?story_id=1301
Old 07-27-2004, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Over Fifty sold so far...

I'm just happy there's a new thread on this board

IMDB

Puget Sound on Facebook
Old 07-27-2004, 05:35 PM

I'm wondering how this now changes my thoughts regarding the "other" post(s) that have expressed peoples opinions about the ICON.

Len
Old 07-27-2004, 06:21 PM

>The Digidesign® ICON integrated console environment is making history in the large-format mixing >market with an unprecedented speed of adoption by the audio community.

This is awsome, I love these guys. Great marketing. Isn't it amazing how you can control how people think, just by great marketing skills.

>have been shipping as many as we can build since

Awsome. I like this line too.

>The worldwide adoption and support for ICON that we’ve witnessed proves that the industry is ready >for a next generation large-format console

Beautiful. Get ready boys and girls...are you ready? Don't pee your pants.... the spaceships about to lift off.

>This is a piece of hardware that is going to change the way everyone mixes

This ones even better.

You gotta love the guys at digi, just for their efforts.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:50 AM

Default Give me a break

Grivel,

Your too funny.
You post all these negative messages about Icon and how sales to high end facilities aren't going to happen.
Digi puts out their first press release on Icon sales which unless I'm mistaken shows its been adopted faster than any other large format console ever after its introduction, analog or digital, and instead of quietly disappearing, you now poke at their marketing dept for talking about its success!!!

Do you work for SSL or Euphonix or AMS-Neve or are you just smarter than all the chief engineers at these 50 facilities that must have looked at this thing in depth and got it?

Blake
Old 07-28-2004, 08:42 AM

Default Re: Give me a break

Quote:

Do you work for SSL or Euphonix or AMS-Neve or are you just smarter than all the chief engineers at these 50 facilities that must have looked at this thing in depth and got it?

Blake
Not to get involved with this discussion, however...

It doesn't actually say that 50 facilities bought them. SAE is a training facility with schools all over the wolrd.
Who's not to say that they bought 45 of them?

It's not like Todd-AO has replaced all their consoles with them etc.

However, selling 50 is nothing to laugh at. Even if the majority were sold to one company. It's still over $3million in sales.

Living the dream.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:31 AM

Default Easy

>Your too funny.

Im just trying to be funny guys. Don't take everything I say too seriously. Im sure alot of you laugh at what I say too.

It's just, all I can tell you is: TRY TO SEE BEYOND THE DIGIDISIGN CLOUDS

>Digi puts out their first press release on Icon sales which unless I'm mistaken shows its been >adopted faster than any other large format console ever after its introduction

Big deal. Digi is a big company and people are going to buy it. I never said people weren't going to buy it, in fact if you read my posts closely I told you who I think they would service.

Even if a big post facility buys 1, so what, big deal, get on with work...make money and enjoy life.

"adopted faster than"... you know what..im not even going to comment on this.

>all the chief engineers at these 50 facilities

What chief engineers? These are smaller mom and pop shops, they don't have chief engineers. They have 3 guys and they probably do all the audio. And don't get me wrong...I'm all about small business and I hope the ICON allows them to succeed.

I just think that on the Pro Audio level, alot of Pro Tools people don't necessarily see the big picture. They know 1 thing and that's it.

>you now poke at their marketing dept for talking about its success!!!

To even care about this success is like going to McDonalds and wacking off over their latest Big Mac deal...because it's becoming adopted so quickly....and it's changing the way people eat all over the world.

It's all in good fun
Old 07-28-2004, 11:45 AM

Default HENCHMAN

>Not to get involved with this discussion, however...

>It doesn't actually say that 50 facilities bought them. SAE is a training facility with schools all >over the wolrd.
>Who's not to say that they bought 45 of them?

>It's not like Todd-AO has replaced all their consoles with them etc.

Naturally digi will target the schools. This is who the next generation of the workforce is, and how better to convince them, then catch young eager minds who want to be pro's from the beginning.

Smart Marketing....probably some big deals cut with the schools for them to implement the ICONs. It all trickles down as the kids buy more MBOX's etc... As I said, I like digi's marketing TOTALLY, because Pro Tools people gobble it up, digest it, recycle it all over. Word of mouth... it's awsome.

Henchman, the large post facilities will not be bothering with the ICON. It may find it's way into the last room on the lot, maybe 1 or so, here and there, no big deal, but really, the DFC console world is a mystery to Digi.

Maybe when all the young MBOX kids grow up and become the mixers at companies like Todd-AO, from schools like AIE or whatever it was called, but then when that day comes, who cares becaue the pro audio game will be over and all the real players will be gone. While these kids are fiddling with their mice trying to get their 'industry standard pro tools dubber' to work, i'll be patiently developing more marketing schemes to get more of their money, as they work hard to buy more gear...I think I have a vision, I WOULD LOVE to work for digi one day.

I would be GREAT at controlling the kids. Does anybody know how one goes about working for Digi?
Old 07-30-2004, 05:34 AM

Default Re: HENCHMAN

The Icon still sucks.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Still sucks?

Quote:
The Icon still sucks.
Uno,

In your opinion, what's 'wrong' with the Icon? What should Digi have released which would be a better product?