Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 03-29-2013, 08:07 AM

Default I will never buy another avid product!!

Well after many years of being a loyal customer and putting up with the BS from Avid I am DONE. Without my knowledge or input, they have closed my recent case concerning my BROKEN Mbox 3 Pro and my support has expired so I can't even correspond with them about it. THIS IS A TERRIBLE WAY TO TREAT YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER AVID PRODUCT!! GOODBYE.
Tampa Bay, Florida
http://www.frankencat.com
<><

PT 2018.12 (Win)
PT 10.3.10 (Win)
Mbox Pro Gen 3 Firmware 1.0.4
Focusrite 18i8 Gen 2 (mobile rig)
Windows 10 Enterprise (main PT OS)
Mac Mojave 10.14.4 (no PT at the moment)
Old 03-29-2013, 08:21 AM
Avid

Post Re: I will never buy another avid product!!

Looks like Tech Support last replied to you (from the support case) on 11/5/12. You would have gotten a notice about this, then 2 more notices (after a week then a month) that the case would close if we didn't hear back from you. There are no replies to those 3 email notices, so the case automatically closed.

You reported this problem within your warranty so it should be handled as a warranty repair/fix.

I'll check with the Tech about re-opening the case or issuing an RMA to resolve this.

-Jeff
Old 03-29-2013, 08:23 AM

Default Re: I will never buy another avid product!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsilano View Post
Well after many years of being a loyal customer and putting up with the BS from Avid I am DONE. Without my knowledge or input, they have closed my recent case (case #02033233) concerning my BROKEN Mbox 3 Pro and my support has expired so I can't even correspond with them about it. THIS IS A TERRIBLE WAY TO TREAT YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER AVID PRODUCT!! GOODBYE.
I would call avid support. If its a actual hardware issue you any charges will be reversed.

Edit:see DigiTechSupport is on it.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-29-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Well after many years of being a loyal customer and putting up with the BS from Avid I am DONE. Without my knowledge or input, they have closed my recent case (case #02033233) concerning my BROKEN Mbox 3 Pro and my support has expired so I can't even correspond with them about it. THIS IS A TERRIBLE WAY TO TREAT YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER AVID PRODUCT!! GOODBYE.
Hi,

Update, support have responded!

It looks like the support ticket closed automatically because there was no activity for 25 days. I'm sure support will re-open the ticket and help when they have further information.

I'll send a note to the forum support team and see if they can inform the support staff

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:44 AM

Thanks Jeff, i appreciate that. I was waiting to hear back from support after the last correspondence but i never did. Today when i went to check on it i saw the case was closed. I think i have been more than patient in this matter and at this point, with no fix in sight, i would like a refund on the unit. I have another copy of pt10 and an eleven rack that i can use until i figure out what to do long term but i dont want a piece of hardware that i paid full price for that is not fully functional. Im sure you can understand.
Thanks for your help.
Frank
Tampa Bay, Florida
<><

PT 2018.12 (Win)
PT 10.3.10 (Win)
Old 03-29-2013, 12:02 PM
Avid

Question

Checked the case and the Tech has responded with RMA info (there are other earlier case updates - perhaps you did not get these maybe they went into your spam folder?). So we should be able to close this thread and continue working directly with you to resolve this. Is that okay?
-Jeff
Old 03-29-2013, 12:32 PM

Thanks Jeff. The email I received from support is for RMA and unit replacement. Since this issue is related to the latest firmware I don't think it is an appropriate solution and I would rather just get a refund for the purchase of the unit. Is that possible?
-Frank
Tampa Bay, Florida
<><

PT 2018.12 (Win)
PT 10.3.10 (Win)
Old 03-29-2013, 12:47 PM

I tried to reply to the support email but I am still getting this response from the website:

You have attempted to reopen a case that has been closed due to inactivity. If you have an Avid Support Code (ASC), you may be able to submit another case at http://avid.force.com/ASC For more information on ASCs including checking remaining entitlement details or retrieving case history, please see the following page: http://www.avid.com/ASC You can also use our comprehensive online support resources at http://www.avid.com/support
Tampa Bay, Florida
<><

PT 2018.12 (Win)
PT 10.3.10 (Win)
Old 04-02-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Looks like Tech Support last replied to you (from the support case) on 11/5/12. You would have gotten a notice about this, then 2 more notices (after a week then a month) that the case would close if we didn't hear back from you. There are no replies to those 3 email notices, so the case automatically closed.

You reported this problem within your warranty so it should be handled as a warranty repair/fix.

I'll check with the Tech about re-opening the case or issuing an RMA to resolve this.

-Jeff
Wow that's nice CS
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Thanks Jeff. The email I received from support is for RMA and unit replacement. Since this issue is related to the latest firmware I don't think it is an appropriate solution and I would rather just get a refund for the purchase of the unit. Is that possible?
-Frank
Heck no - take what they are giving you and take the replacement - sell it if you want - use it if you want - but never look a gift horse in the mouth
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.