Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Does M-Powered ilok has License GSM card?

HI,

I just purchased a new package of PTMP. After opening up the package, I didn't find the GSM chip like license card included in it. There is only the usb dongle.

However, I still continued the installation, went to www.ilok.com, installed ilokserver. But it says "No iloks were detected.Attach an iLok to an available USB port and try again". I contacted ilok.com, but their reply is:

"Please contact Digidesign for further information on their software's authorization methods. Authorization management is handled by the software developers themselves. We at PACE only develop the protection technology chosen by software developers."

So I turn to you guys. Is there a chip in your package? or just the dongle?
why can't I install?
Old 08-25-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Does M-Powered ilok has License GSM card?

Hi,

The GSM card seems to be already in th iLok (as far as I can see on mine). The M-Powered iLok is pre authorized so you don't need to go to iLok's website to use PTMP.

In anyway, I didn't have any pb to register my iLok on the web and the dongle is as it.

Is your iLok is on and supplied enough ? (do you use an USB-Hub ?)
PT12.4 / VEP5.3.1 / MacOSX.11.1 (MBP)
PT 10.3.10 / PT11.3.2 / PT12.4 / VEP5.3.1 / MacOSX.8.5 (MM "Production" on SSD)
PT 12.4 / VEP5.3.1 / MacOSX.11.1 (MM "test" on HDD)
RME UFX (USB2 with MM and Firewire with MBP)
+ Vienna Ensemble Pro Server on PC Q6600/8Gb/Win7-Pro64-SP1
Old 08-25-2005, 08:26 AM

I didnt see there is a GSM card inside my dongle, but according to DIGI service center, they say it is pre-authorized. I am running PTMP on my Powerbook G4 17, under OSX 10.4.2, without using any USB hub. However, I tried the both USB plug on PB, neither works.

The green LED on the dongle is always there, but when I start up PTMP, it says "the version of pro Tools requires authorization to run, but no ilok can be found". I did follow the instruction of iLok.com, installed ilok extension and client service... Still don't know what to do with it.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:42 AM
Avid

Is it possible for you to try the iLok in another computer, to verify if it's working or not?

If you can 'synchronize' the iLok (from the iLok website) on another computer, then that indicates there's a problem with your computer and not the iLok itself.