Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Avid

Default Re: How do I get Low Latency Monitoring on 1814 with m-powered pro tools v7?

Point taken on the Low Latency Monitoring. It's unfortunate that our (Digi's) Low Latency Monitoring mode wasn't named something that wasn't so generic - M-Audio is using common industry terms and is accurate in their description, since those devices have hardware monitoring - the lowest of latency. What we're describing is an actual 'feature' in Pro Tools and not something to describe the hardware itself, since the 002/003 don't have hardware monitoring.

I'm talking with the powers that be to find a better way to word this to avoid confusion in the future.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:58 PM

Default Re: How do I get Low Latency Monitoring on 1814 with m-powered pro tools v7?

DigiTechSupt - that was spoken like a true gentleman and I thank you for it. I think we have now reached a good point to end this discussion (at least for me) and move on. I think I'll probably switch to a 003 to enjoy the lower latency it offers (even though not as low as hardware monitoring) and make the best of it.

Again, thanks for understanding where I was coming from.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:05 AM

or... create 2 aux inputs with the SAME ( to be recorded ) input, route the first one to the hardware output for monitor ( cue ) mix without any inserts - send it to the studio/artist headphones/speakers. Route the second one to the new track ( use buses ), ( record enabled) and turn the fader ( off this new track ) all the way down - VOILA !!! Reduce the buffer size in your hardware setup software and you have minimal (can't notice ) latency. Gentlemen it can be done. Remember, in this case digidesign hardware users - Low latency mode has to be switched OFF !!! Your AUX tracks won't be working. Anyhow , YOU'LL GET BETTER RESULTS ANYWAY !!! You might even get away with putting some plugs/inserts for the monitor/cue artist mix while recording a clean unprocessed track. All with minimal latency. Hope this will help
Old 10-17-2008, 12:15 AM

The simplest solution for this would be if Digi added a third option in the monitoring section of Pro Tools LE.... the ability to turn input monitoring to 'off'. (currently only Input and Auto)

I am about to buy a 003r tomorrow, just so that I can use ProTools LE with the couple of ad agency clients that I have, that still insist on me using ProToolsLE when recording voice overs.

I have been harping on about this for a while and I know there are a few out there that are sick to death of me mentioning this, but it seems a no brainer for anyone that has a preferred channel strip/monitoring setup and simply wants to be able to track some simple stuff with a voice over guy for example and quickly listen back etc, without having to toggle mute or records etc.

edit] can anyone tell me if the OFF function for monitoring is going to be available in version 8? If so, it would save a lot of trouble. (not going to effect Digi sales as the 003 I'm buying is second hand anyway) ... Hey Scotty Church, you've seen some of the discussion about this. ;-)
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 10-17-2008, 06:21 PM

ok.. jst bought a 003R ... Ok guys I get it now... this thing is great.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 05-11-2009, 09:20 PM

Digitechsupport, is this matter about not being able to have punch in/out in the same track fixed with the same 002 and 003 low lattency for m-powered users in PT8? (I'm a pt m-p 7.4 and a profire 2626 plus a powerfull mac pro user, osx 10.4.9) (I don't mean if now is corrected on digidesign publicity but implemented that feature that lot of customers like me never thought we were going to have before we got into this platform)
Do I need to update leopard to be able to use PT M-P 8 in case it's fixed?
I also feel a little misled too with this matter and some other spected features, I've been thinking serously about changing to another platform. If you want feedback, write me in private.
Thanks from Spain, Europe.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanins View Post
Digitechsupport, is this matter about not being able to have punch in/out in the same track fixed with the same 002 and 003 low lattency for m-powered users in PT8? (I'm a pt m-p 7.4 and a profire 2626 plus a powerfull mac pro user, osx 10.4.9) (I don't mean if now is corrected on digidesign publicity but implemented that feature that lot of customers like me never thought we were going to have before we got into this platform)
Do I need to update leopard to be able to use PT M-P 8 in case it's fixed?
I also feel a little misled too with this matter and some other spected features, I've been thinking serously about changing to another platform. If you want feedback, write me in private.
Thanks from Spain, Europe.
No, this has not changed. There is no low-latency monitoring in M-Powered and the lowest buffer size is still 128 samples. I'm not sure if, or when, this may ever change .
Old 05-12-2009, 04:00 PM

If you're really about recording live people and instruments, you need PT HD.

It's really that simple, LE and MP are just a way to work on arranging at home, you can't even mix properly on these systems without plug-in delay compensation.

Sad.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:54 AM

I record "live" instruments and singers all the time. They've/I've never had a problem.

HP Pavilion P6000, AMD Athlon II X2 240 (2.8GHz), FOXCONN 2AB1 MoBo, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS, Two WD Caviar Black Internal500 gig, One WD External 300 Gig, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, SD2, Metal Foundry, Focusrite Saffire 6, PT 9.03 (stable), Gibson Les Paul Studio (Drop D), Fender Tele (nashville tuning), hand built Carvin Bolt (finished!)