Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2002, 08:32 PM

Default What happened???

I thought HD for windows was gonna be for win ME,now its out....Its out,and its for XP pro!!!Argh!!I had been planning this system around ME.I dont suppose it will work with ME now?So now I have to get XP to work right on top of PT...AARRGHHHH!!!!Well,at least they went with Pro instead of home edition.I guess this only another minor inconvenience.I guess the pressure to go with XP got to em,i personally would like to give bill and his team another 6 months to a year to iron out all the bugs and fat in XP,may i suggest bill,yhat in the interum,you release a barebones version of WINNT 4.0,the best os ms has put out yet,and fall back into r+d on your current product line......well.....im waiting....ha...haha..hhahhahhha....hahhahahalol!! !! really.....Anyway...seriously now......AMD?
Wahhh happened.I wanted to run this on an AMD system w/ ME.Now im lookin at Intel and XP,so i can scrap 12 hours of hardware/software compatability r+d down the crapper and start over from scratch.Great! anyone for a spot of tea? huh..maybe ill just tell my customer that he is better of sticking with Q base and build him this killer AMD system i have mapped out for him.yeah....yeah...What a week im having!!!
Old 07-03-2002, 01:09 AM

Default Re: What happened???

WinMe goes out to pasture next summer. It's over.
In the entire time, not a single service pack has been released for it, in spite of its' wretched reputation for instability.

The OS is dead. Long live the OS. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2002, 02:52 PM

I agree ME is crap,but so is XP!Im not sure its even the lesser evil of many other MS OS's.So there are patches for XP,that doesnt mean that it works right.I usually have more problems after I do the MS update"critical" for ME or XP.Im on my second MOBO on XP and still have problems,more since i did the crit update!!
XP just loses drivers sometimes,reboot and then all the sudden,poof,its ok.Either way,this whole ugly mess with MS,Intel,palladium,digital copyright embedded in hardware,and the general fleecing of America has killed any hope i had for things to get better in this business.I picked a bad time apparently,to get into the PC manufacturing biz.I know PT will run on my AMD system,the problem is that its not supported on that platform,to me this is arbitrary decision to not support AMD,maybe because Intel/MS threw a few bucks their way to not support AMD platforms.I hope its worth it,because they have likely lost several customers to software that supports or will support AMD platforms.I was going to market my AMD DAW to musicians,running PT for windows,but now,I seriosly doubt it.I myself can live without PT,Intel,and as far as MS,soon,one way or another,SOON!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2002, 07:55 PM

PTLE runs faster on AMD's than it does Intels.

Actually the first service patch for XP has yet to be released. One is coming this summer.

Research- Click Here~! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I think your conclusion is correct.
Old 07-14-2002, 07:16 PM

yea, the OS is Crap! We don't need all these stinking windows. Man there hans't been a decent OS since DOS 1.3. Now that was a good OS. Now they have all these windows and and they will play these videos and stuff. I just can't stand it! next thing you know people will be trying to record music on a computer.

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]