Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2018, 02:53 PM

Default Re: MARKER problem

thirdmeadow, are YOU using a magic mouse as well? We both are and I'm suspecting that's the issue...if you are as well that will confirm it for me.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:12 PM

I'm using a Microsoft bluetooth mouse, however, I just changed it for the Microsoft USB mouse I've used for a long time prior to the bluetooth, and the behavior is the same. I think it's something screwy in Pro Tools, because the behavior is erratic. Sometimes, (rarely), it works fine...I click on a marker and it's selected, but the vast majority of the time, I have to click two and three times to get it to work. I can make it work every time if I hit the upper left corner of the marker.
It's quite amazing how something so seemingly insignificant, can so effectively screw one's creative flow.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:23 PM

I just realized I can't even create a marker using my ''+'' on my keypad. I'm using a regular mouse and the logickeyboard(pro tools keyboard).

both the + and enter buttons return me to the begging of the song!
Old 09-20-2018, 08:42 AM

I've just come across exactly the same issue, and found myself here. apple magic mouse wont select markers, but will if i really carefully click just off to the top left of the marker.
Tried a standard USB wired mouse, and hey presto, it works just fine.
PT 2018.7
Sierra
2012 MBP
Old 09-20-2018, 09:20 AM

interesting seeing this thread because just last night I had an issue (I have a Kensington Expert wireless USB mouse) where I wanted to rename some markers by double-clicking on the marker tabs in the edit window, and the little window wouldn't open up. In general, I've had occasional glitches where "down-clicks' were responded to, but not "up-clicks" while navigating the software. So click-drag, then release, but the release isn't recognized, and the note or parameter I was adjusting gets pinned into the ether. I was assuming maybe it was an issue with my mouse running low on batteries, but didn't think that maybe PT was having an issue recognizing all the input....