Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2020, 12:24 AM

Default Protools crashes when starting up and restoring tracks

I have been running Protools [as a subscriber] for many years with no major issues until it recently started crashing during the start up process.

I usually open PT by running it as Administrator and it goes through the process and starts with no issues. It now crashes when it is `restoring tracks` and I get the message `Protools application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly, Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is found`.

As a subscriber I was due the annual upgrade to PT 2020.5. I did this and was hoping that may solve the problem, unfortunately it didn`t. I have tried restarting the PC after the crash but this doesn`t help, I get the same message.

Hopefully someone can suggest a fix, thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Mike
Windows 8.1
Processor i5-3330S CPU @ 2.70 GHz
64 bit
12GB RAM
Old 06-16-2020, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Protools crashes when starting up and restoring tracks

Is there a moderator or someone from Protools/AVID who can point me in the right direction to help resolve my issue?????????

After doing some more research it appeared that my Windows 8.1 system was not compatible with the latest Protools 2020.5. I can`t change to Windows so I have no choice but to return to version 11.3.2 which is the only download link that i can see in my Master account. I uninstall 2020.5 and install 11.3.2.

Now I can`t open 11.3.2 as it says:
`now get select license to activate, you don`t have any licenses in your account or none of the licenses there have activations available. If you have an iLok USB device with a licence activated on it , please plug it in now ( this is still plugged in, nothing has changed)

It then says `You do not have any pending deliveries for the license you need to activate the software. You may need to visit the AVID web site to get a license deposited to your account` it gives a choice which is all greyed out of next-show locations-Quit.

Can a moderator from AVID please advise me how to fix this before I lose the will to live?

Thanks