Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 11-02-2011, 07:49 PM

Default PT 10 Audio track will not record enable

I have the new PT 10 up from 9.0. All was working before so I know it is all just software changes.
Issue: Getting this error:
The Track could not be reord-enabled beacuse it doesn't have both an active input and output assignment.

I do not recall ever having ot set this up before so it all just vanished when I "un-installed" 9.0 and loaded PT 10.

Also when I launch a session I get this other error now and it asks if I want to create a log. I did and here is what it tells me:

Missing Stems
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The input path "Analog 1" was made inactive because its stem is missing.
The input path "Analog 2" was made inactive because its stem is missing.
The input path "Analog 3" was made inactive because its stem is missing.
The input path "Analog 4" was made inactive because its stem is missing.
The input path "Analog 5-6" was made inactive because its stem is missing.
The input path "Analog 1-2" was made inactive because its stem is missing.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:11 PM

Default Re: PT 10 Audio track will not record enable

Quote:
Originally Posted by brethart View Post
I have the new PT 10 up from 9.0. All was working before so I know it is all just software changes.
Issue: Getting this error:
The Track could not be reord-enabled beacuse it doesn't have both an active input and output assignment.

I do not recall ever having ot set this up before so it all just vanished when I "un-installed" 9.0 and loaded PT 10.

Also when I launch a session I get this other error now and it asks if I want to create a log. I did and here is what it tells me:

Missing Stems
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The input path "Analog 2" was made inactive because its stem is missing.
The input path "Analog 3" was made inactive because its stem is missing.
The input path "Analog 4" was made inactive because its stem is missing.
The input path "Analog 5-6" was made inactive because its stem is missing.
The input path "Analog 1-2" was made inactive because its stem is missing.
Try going to the IO setup page and hitting the DEFAULT button on both the input AND output tabs. If that helps, Export the settings for future import if it changes again. Also, there is a checkbox somewhere to tell Pro Tools to let sessions over-ride the IO setup, check(or uncheck) so that sessions do NOT over-ride. If you are still not happening, try selecting the proper input and output on the track.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-24-2013, 05:19 AM

I haven't found a full answer to the sub-issue mentioned here, so I'll add it:

There are three pieces to this issue:

1. PT > Setup > Playback Engine. If you have external hardware, like a MBox, it would be selected here.
2. PT > Setup > IO. The set of input and outputs need to be appropriately mapped for your selected playback engine.
3. The Input setting on each track (seen in the I/O section of the Mix View) should map to one of the Input track names for the currently selected Playback Engine/IO combination.

When using a template Session there are Inputs generated for you, but different Playback Engine/IO combinations have different names, so "Analog 1" may have been there with MBox attached and configured, but only "A-1" is there when using Built In I/O.

There are two solutions:

1. If the issue is just with inputs, you can ignore the warning each time you launch the session, as it only seems to matter unless you are trying to record.

2. Check each track PT > Mix View > I/O section and make sure each setting is accurate for the exact I/O setup you are currently running. This is pretty important if it is the output not found and you can't play the session.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:58 AM

If that track is in record safe mode it wont record enable.

Does the record button appear to be greyed out a little.
In PT you can record safe your tracks by clicking with a modifier on the record button. Its either shift control option or command.
I don't think whats what when I use keyboard commands I just do them so I never remember what they actually are. Its all by feel not memory for me.